Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 AM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
Are you ready for winter?

they are threatening us with colder and snowier winter than last year, and last year we had way too much snow, and a blizzard that left everyone stuck where they were for 2 days. i was stuck at home, had to give people stuck at work orders over the phone... fun

anyway, i gots me some winter boots, with full fur lining and everything! woohoo! they are ugly as hell but oh are they WARM!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Nice boot, but why did you only buy one?
Juliana.

I'm not looking forward to winter, but my wardrobe and Jeep are ready.
I usually just wear my Merrell runners unless it's really snowing.
Then I don my trusty Sorels.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I'm always ready for winter. However, I have a bear that is bothering me lately at the Incline Village house.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM  

Layton, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
they are threatening us with colder and snowier winter than last year, and last year we had way too much snow, and a blizzard that left everyone stuck where they were for 2 days. i was stuck at home, had to give people stuck at work orders over the phone... fun

anyway, i gots me some winter boots, with full fur lining and everything! woohoo! they are ugly as hell but oh are they WARM!
Where did you find those boots?! I can't find any with fur lining and it's getting cold FAST!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 PM  
fustrated genius

Nice boots. I wear the same boots winter/summer. Same kind of britches too, Levis when I dress "snappy" and Dickies everywhere else. The only difference is the shirts . . . long sleeve winter, short sleeve spring & fall, and NO sleeves summer. a real fashion statement I are.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Rub it in funny guy.
I like your style
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
MY flannels are out and and on.

It's going to be a good winter.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:22 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I slap on the flannel pants as soon as I get home from work. All pants should be like that!

I have Gore-Tex gloves and a Marino wool balaclava that get a lot of use. Down, synthetic, and cotton jackets, fleece and wool sweaters, a wolf fur Elmer Fudd type of hat, weather proof snow pants and serious Sorel boots for really inclement weather.

I have good snow tires on the Jeep and candles, burners, jumper cables, lighters, emergency blankets, flashlight, flares, first aid kit, road atlases, mini propane torch, hudson bay blanket, groundsheet, knives, leatherman, survival rations, 2 big bags of road salt, and all kinds of other useful stuff in the Jeep.

I'm ready for winter.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:07 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I slap on the flannel pants as soon as I get home from work. All pants should be like that!

I have Gore-Tex gloves and a Marino wool balaclava that get a lot of use. Down, synthetic, and cotton jackets, fleece and wool sweaters, a wolf fur Elmer Fudd type of hat, weather proof snow pants and serious Sorel boots for really inclement weather.

I have good snow tires on the Jeep and candles, burners, jumper cables, lighters, emergency blankets, flashlight, flares, first aid kit, road atlases, mini propane torch, hudson bay blanket, groundsheet, knives, leatherman, survival rations, 2 big bags of road salt, and all kinds of other useful stuff in the Jeep.

I'm ready for winter.
Agreed. I have three sets of pants in rotation. Red, White, and black.

I love them so much.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I have to say, winter has been a big let down this year. I've only worn my boots once.

Pretty soon it will be time for shorts.
Are you ready for winter?-chaplin.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Bookmark this Page!