Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 PM  

Miami, FL
Americas 2011

I am planning an expedition from Prudhoe Bay, AK, to Ushuaia, Argentina. Starts in Miami, June 2011. Anyone interested?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM  

Miami, FL
are you serious about this?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:01 PM  

Miami, FL
You bet I'm serious... Want a sneak preview?

w joa150.com.br/americas2011

It is not finished yet, but click on the link ENGLISH that is the one I have been updating this week.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM  
Kevin

Tarpon Springs, Florida
Holy crap, I would take a toyota for when you break down.... j/k lol, but seriously, make sure you can work on your vehicle just in case anything happens, bring extra oil for an oil change, or two, and plenty of water.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel16m View Post
Holy crap, I would take a toyota for when you break down.... j/k lol, but seriously,
This was not a logical choice, the JK runs on gas (no diesel option), mileage SUCKS, total payload is ridicously low (only 1000 lbs). But name one Toyota that looks as cool as a Rubicon (please do not mention the FJ, it looks like a toy car I had when was 8) and besides, what happens if you have one more of the dozens of recall Toyota did and you are in the middle of the Atacama?

I love the old Toyotas, but all new ones sucks. Any way the point is almost every car can do this trip, just some you will have more fun doing it.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM  
Kevin

Tarpon Springs, Florida
lol, you just have to buy a true toyota, not a USDM toyota, the ones built in japan were not recalled, it was only the ones built here in the US. The ultimate vehicle of all time would truly be a Mercedes Benz Unimog. But when you can't afford that (which I will never be able to in my lifetime lol) I would definitely settle for a toyota Hilux. The hilux has been named the most reliable truck in the world, numerous times. But we won't ever get them here in the U.S. since it would dominate the market, and the "big 3" would not sell any small trucks.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel16m View Post
lol, you just have to buy a true toyota, not a USDM toyota, the ones built in japan were not recalled, it was only the ones built here in the US.
Actually some japanese and also brazilian toyotas have also been recalled, but no need to get into this.

Quote:
The ultimate vehicle of all time would truly be a Mercedes Benz Unimog. But when you can't afford that (which I will never be able to in my lifetime lol) I would definitely settle for a toyota Hilux.
Agreed on the uniimog and also that the Hilux is a great truck, we have them in Brazil but I would like better an old time Land Cruiser to this trip. Those where real overland vehicles.[/QUOTE]

So, will you join us the Hilux?
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM  
Hmmmm Jeep

Pembroke Pines, Fl
looks like youve planned this vry well its going to cost you aloooooooot of money $$$
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 PM  

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by genpowelljeep View Post
looks like youve planned this vry well its going to cost you aloooooooot of money $$$
With a JK? It sure will, I am planning to put a sail on it to improve mileage, maybe I can use my paraglider...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.