Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Caylee's Law

Caylee's Law- A law to protect Children

That's odd, three headlines about this going viral but the site itself closed already???

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/cay...tect-children/

Quote:
Target: Congress and Senate
Sponsored by: Diana
Caylee's Law is so that no parent or family member of a missing or murdered child can profit in any form. This includes, sales of video, pictures, etc. also included is movies, books, magazine, tabloid or any other form of media.

Caylee's Law should also include a specific timeline that is required for a parent, caregiver is required to report the child missing to Law Enforcement.

This petition is for your ideas of what we can include in Caylees Law and when complete will be forwarded to The congress and Senate for endorsement.
[B]This petition is now closed./B]

I'm guessing too much traffic but expect other similar efforts.

yup

Quote:
More than 37,000 people in all 50 states have joined a Change.org campaign calling for a federal law -- called “Caylee’s Law” -- that would make the failure of a parent to notify law enforcement of a child’s disappearance a felony.

Casey Anthony was found “not guilty” of first-degree murder or manslaughter on Tuesday in the case of her two-year-old daughter Caylee’s death. One of the central controversies of the case has been the fact that Anthony never notified law enforcement that her daughter was missing. Caylee was last seen on June 16, 2008; grandmother Cindy Anthony notified the police on July 15, a month later.

After hearing the verdict and seeing a Facebook page response, Oklahoman Michelle Crowder started a Change.org petition asking Congress to create “Caylee’s Law,” making it a federal offense and a felony for a parent or guardian to fail to report a child’s disappearance to law enforcement.

Nearly 2,000 people have signed the “Caylee’s Law” petition each hour since its creation, making it the fastest-growing campaign on Change.org.
This is it!
http://news.change.org/stories/campa...law-goes-viral

317,557 People

July 10th:
Petition link with over a million signatures thus far.
Click here to sign the petition for Caylee's Law:
http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
If this were the case then John Walsh wouldnt have been the host of AMW.

SOME good has come from a loss - at least when it came to helping others.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
If this were the case then John Walsh wouldnt have been the host of AMW.

SOME good has come from a loss - at least when it came to helping others.
Here "Cops" comes on at 8PM Saturday followed by AMW. I liked both shows but in recent years Walsh's self promotion bothers me enough that I rarely get past the first commercial break. It sure does catch some scum though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!