Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 AM  

Florida
Hontoon Island, on the river, no vehicles! Awesome place. Donald McDonald Park on the Sebastion River in south Brevard County is really nice. Ct

Old 11-26-2010, 09:16 AM  

Deland, Florida
It has been some years since I have been to Hontoon Island, but it is a really cool place. I do wish they hadn't torn down the observation tower, though.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM  

Florida
Sad to hear they lost the tower, was a highlight to the weekend camping trip. Had to climb that darn thing three times one day! Next they'll cover the Indian mounds. The place was really special 30 years ago. We'd drive over from the Space Coast and camp in the wintertime. Had a Jonboat and I'd take the kids over to Blue Springs to see the manatees. My Uncle would take a carload of kids over there in the mid 60's. Sometimes progress ruins things. Ct
Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 AM  

I'll suggest the actual camping portion of the Disney Wilderness Lodge Campground. I remember going there years ago with my family and we always had great times there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.