Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM  

Orlando, Florida
Florida Ethanol Free Fuel Sources

So, I recently purchased fuel from a local distributor that had no ethanol. My jeep ran so much better. My mileage was back to about 16 mpg from the 13 I am getting with the ethanol laced fuel. I thought others may be interested in this info. So, if you have a retailer that sells ethanol free fuel in your area, post the address and cost up here for others.

I bought mine at Harris Oil,

Harris Oil & Air Conditioning - Mount Dora, Florida

It was 3.15 a gallon.

Also, Greens Energy Service, 186 North Goldenrod Road, orlando 32807
407-282-5000.

Currently only sell 89 octane unleaded. Today's price is 3.08 a gallon.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM  
Kevin

Tarpon Springs, Florida
There is a small gas station about 1/10mi north of klosterman road on the east side of U.S. alt 19 in tarpon springs that sells fuel with no ethanol, the price is pretty much the same as the normal places. I think the name on the building is Kriseptis auto, it's a blue building.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 AM  

Pensacola, FL
Not anymore since 1-1-11 it is against FL law to sell ethenol free fuel for on road use.If you get caught you will face a steep fine.It is the same as using off road diesel on the road
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM  
Kevin

Tarpon Springs, Florida
That's not cool at all. Ethanol sucks. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to electrics and be done with explosive fuel all together. It would be much more reliable, faster, cheaper in the long run, but the only downfall is the huge expense up front, and low range.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:40 PM  

Leesburg, Florida
Mel16m,
Nice in theory but not gonna happen. It's in our american blood, the roar of the engine, the smell of of a rich mixture, being able to fix something if it breaks, and of course.....making it louder and more powerful!

Ethanol does suck! Ruins are Jeeps and most vehicles made prior to 2007. We are not saving Dino fuel at all! It's causing worse fuel mileage and it adds up to the same consumption. And it's not any cheaper. Lose lose in my book.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!