Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Heading to Daytona - want to make a FL trip - can you help me?

I am surprised there is no Daytona Beach forum yet. Well, all you Florida people, I need your help. We are heading to Daytona Bike week but instead of staying Daytona the whole time we would like to make a different trip this year. We thought of stopping in Daytona, unloading the bike, then riding down to the keys and back to Daytona only for the last few days of bike week.

We will be winging it unless I get ideas from you all! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We have a full week to play with a motorcycle around Florida!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 PM  

The keys is a little bit of a haul from Daytona, but if you've never been it's awesome. Once you hit US1 south of Miami it's a beautiful ride. On the other hand when you're in the Daytona area and you'd like to take a short ride north, I'd suggest hitting A1A and cruising up to St. Augustine. It's the oldest city in the US, so obviously historic. Quite beautiful too since A1A up in Flagler is right on the coast, without the high rise condos there to spoil the view.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossthegreat View Post
The keys is a little bit of a haul from Daytona, but if you've never been it's awesome. Once you hit US1 south of Miami it's a beautiful ride. On the other hand when you're in the Daytona area and you'd like to take a short ride north, I'd suggest hitting A1A and cruising up to St. Augustine. It's the oldest city in the US, so obviously historic. Quite beautiful too since A1A up in Flagler is right on the coast, without the high rise condos there to spoil the view.
Thanks! St. Augustine is a great suggestion. I will most likely hit it up and let you know and post pics of course. Leaving next Friday - less than one week! Can't wait!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 PM  
Palm Coast is the place t

Daytona to Key West: 417 miles, about 7 hours & 20 minutes, IF and that is a big IF, there are zero traffic tie ups. I-95 is the worst after I-4!!!!!

St. Augustine is real nice to visit and a lot closer. We used to live there on the beach but now live in Palm Coast a little south of there and north of Daytona.

Enjoy and welcome to Florida!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
We rode all the way to Key West and had a great time. heading back towards Daytona today. Will post pics and stories when I get back next week. Hoping for good traffic heading back north. So far only got caught in one rain storm.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I still have not downloaded my pictures, but will as soon as I can. Going through Miami was nerve wracking on a motorcycle, but other than that, the rest of the ride was absolutely fine. I didn't mind the miles. We rode from Sturgis, SD back home to Charlottesville, VA last year so miles don't bother me.

Key West was too touristy with spring break for my liking so we only spent one night there. The highlight was taking a sunset biplane ride. Also, I was wearing my little pink bikini top and posing for my boyfriend on the mile 0 pole when a tour bus went by. The announcer said "today you have your own live pole dancer on the mile 0 sign" and they all took my picture and cheered. We laughed pretty good for that one.

The Marathon Key was perfect for me. Not too many tourists and it was still beautiful and relaxing. I will go back there for sure.

Daytona Bike Week was the least attendance I've ever seen. I could not believe how few people were there. The economy must be the cause.

If I could turn back time right now I'd turn back time right down to the Keys. I do not want to be back at work and reality right now!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.