Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2010, 01:31 PM  

Florida
I was working in the Ft Lauderdale area for a couple of months... As others stated, you need to go drive around for a week and learn the different areas, quite odd because one block you are in an affluent or trendy area, the next, you are in a lets-go-get-gas-somewhere-else area...

But the nice thing is, there is ALWAYS a fun variety of something to do.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM  

Tampa, Fl
I have to agree with most of the others. Miami is a beautiful place and could be wonderful... If you could get rid of all the people. They make it a nightmare.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:22 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Why Miami? Does she have family there? I have to agree with most of the other posts, I wouldn't live in Miami. I really prefer the west coast of Fla.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:32 PM  

Temple, TX
I'm not sure how old we're talking about here, but if she's advanced (60+) she may wants to consider Sumpter County, FL - The Villages, Leesburg, Clermont, etc. About 45 minutes from Orlando, an hour from Tampa - the county is filled with very nice planned communities for retirees, with activities from dancing and movies to crafting (painting, pottery, etc.) My in-laws live in one of these neighborhoods and are quite happy. And if she wants a day in the city, it's a short drive to Orlando or Tampa.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM  

Delray Beach, FL
Delray Beach is AWESOME!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!