Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 AM  

Destiny, Florida
Underwater Metal Detecting

Are there certain areas known for high success in underwater metal detecting aka treasure hunting?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:07 AM  

Parkland, Florida
... i took a quick look for ya and according to Treasure Hunting, Metal Detecting, Spanish Treasures On Florida's Beaches | Florida Vacation, Tourism, Travel & Entertainment Information - VISITFLORIDA.com there were quite a few wrecks from Stuart to Cape Canaveral... pretty much from what i recall most is on the east cost of FL all the way down to the keys.

apparently the 1715 Spanish treasure fleet is said to have the most treasure 1715 Treasure Fleet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope that helps some.. you planing on scuba diving it? prob your best luck on finding the good stuff.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 AM  

Titusville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckwalm View Post
... i took a quick look for ya and according to Treasure Hunting, Metal Detecting, Spanish Treasures On Florida's Beaches | Florida Vacation, Tourism, Travel & Entertainment Information - VISITFLORIDA.com there were quite a few wrecks from Stuart to Cape Canaveral... pretty much from what i recall most is on the east cost of FL all the way down to the keys.

apparently the 1715 Spanish treasure fleet is said to have the most treasure 1715 Treasure Fleet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope that helps some.. you planing on scuba diving it? prob your best luck on finding the good stuff.
As fckwalm said, anywhere along the Treasure Coast. However, you cannot remove anything from a marked wreck site. There are guidelines as to how far away from a site you must be before removing items. I'm unsure of the specifics though.

I always thought under/around the Blue Heron bridge in West Palm would be a good place to look for jewelry. People go to swim and snorkel here all the time, there is even a life guard on duty. At slack tide the water is nice and clear.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!