Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 AM  

west palm beach, fl
yardhouse is always a decent option.
what about wet willies?
or vine and barley if you have one in your area.
its only craft beer, and wine, and it is like no other place i have ever been

Old 11-25-2010, 08:39 AM  

Fort Walton Beach, FL
If you're ever in the Fort Walton Beach area, there's a little place over here called The Salty Duck. Tons of craft brews on tap and in the bottle, and free pool and air hockey. I really can't find a place that beats the latter.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Linger Lodge outside Bradenton Florida will give you a taste of old Florida, Course I haven't been down there in a while. It may be surrounded by Condos and housing developements now.

There really is two Floridas: the old florida, and the coastal tourist areas. Both are great, but if you can find an resaurant or bar on the water that is near a working fishing dock, it's the best. In my opinion of course.

The Old Salty Dog in Sarasota either location, City Island or Siesta Key are really great. Owned by a british family, so you know they have a few decent beers. Their specialty is a huge beer battered fried hot dog called the "Salty Dog".

Another is Star Fish Company in Cortez. A part of Bradenton. Very casual, but it doesn't get any fresher. It is right on the working dock.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 AM  

west palm beach, fl
ya know what i cant stand?
monk in the trunk
and key west sunshine ale.
they are both terrible beers. and they are both florida brews. it kinda makes me sad really.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:39 AM  

Milton, Fl
Mcguire's in Destin and Pensacola. They brew on-site.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:02 PM  

Cape Coral, FL
I'm in the Fort Myers/ Cape Coral area just north of Naples and I'd have to say City Tavern in downtown Fort Myers is one of my favorites.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM  

Gainesville, FL
Gainesville has two great dive bars: Salty Dog and Balls. Balls typically has a younger crowd and both can get really crowded. There's also a bar called Stubbies that has one of (if not the) best beer selections in town. When I'm in the Orlando area around UCF there's a bar right across from campus called Underground Blues. They've got a great beer selection and live music every Friday and Saturday night.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM  

Daytona Beach, Florida
My favorite local bar in Daytona Beach is Ocean Deck.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundy View Post
Gainesville has two great dive bars: Salty Dog and Balls. Balls typically has a younger crowd and both can get really crowded. There's also a bar called Stubbies that has one of (if not the) best beer selections in town. When I'm in the Orlando area around UCF there's a bar right across from campus called Underground Blues. They've got a great beer selection and live music every Friday and Saturday night.
Hey is Skeeters big biscuits still there. I used to go there in the mid and late 80s. Or the Orange and Brew on UF campus?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM  

Interlachen, FL
I would like to know more about "Abbey" that PintoDave was talking about. I am through Deland regularly, but have never heard of it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads