Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
20 Secrets Your Waiter Won?t Tell You

Title says it all.

Read the whole article by clicking here.
-------------------

I am appalled by a few of these.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:23 PM  

Shuswap, BC
It amazes me they are too lazy to make real coffee in the evening, or how they hate making tea, its so easy to make.
And how dare they screw with peoples credit cards and lie about it.
I honestly think any waiter caught doing this should be taken out back and taught some respect the old fashioned way.
Its amazing how lazy they are, and disrespectful.
When i worked as a waiter, if you had pulled this **** on customers the manager would have dealt with you severely.
We had strict orders to do stuff right, and if you whined about say making tea, you would have been fired...............its your damn job.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:11 PM  
fustrated genius

It wasn't as bad as I expected.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:23 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
The tip about being recognized as a regular is plenty true.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:22 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've ran many restaurants and would have fired almost everyone of the waiters.

Decaf? Are you kidding the kitchen and waiters are drinking something and it ain't decaf.

Tea is a hassle? If you work in a stupid restaurant sure.

Milk not 2% no excuse, if you don't have it don't lie.

I can go on but won't.

That makes me angry.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm with you 100% there Austin. That would never have been allowed on my watch. Even an attitude hinting that something like that was happening would have been cause for immediate termination on whatever trumped up reasons came to mind.

Everyone working in a service industry needs to get their heads screwed on right and understand the nature of their calling, or job, or source of income or whatever they want to call it.

Poor service = out of business. I mean why would someone want to pay someone North American wages to provide lousy customer support, when they can pay much less for the same quality of work and farm it out overseas.

We all think out sourcing is the scourge of our times, but I bet the ones that complain about it the loudest are the ones that initiated the process in the first place by their lackadaisical attitudes and sorry job performance.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm with you 100% there Austin. That would never have been allowed on my watch. Even an attitude hinting that something like that was happening would have been cause for immediate termination on whatever trumped up reasons came to mind.

Everyone working in a service industry needs to get their heads screwed on right and understand the nature of their calling, or job, or source of income or whatever they want to call it.

Poor service = out of business. I mean why would someone want to pay someone North American wages to provide lousy customer support, when they can pay much less for the same quality of work and farm it out overseas.

We all think out sourcing is the scourge of our times, but I bet the ones that complain about it the loudest are the ones that initiated the process in the first place by their lackadaisical attitudes and sorry job performance.
It seems in this day it is no longer a calling. Just what you end up in as it requires no eduction and pays the bills. Most people under me were students looking to advance, or guitar players looking for their break.

I have known ma?tre d that are in it for the long haul, but it seems service and wanting to serve is going by the wayside.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
It seems in this day it is no longer a calling. Just what you end up in as it requires no eduction and pays the bills. Most people under me were students looking to advance, or guitar players looking for their break.

I have known ma?tre d that are in it for the long haul, but it seems service and wanting to serve is going by the wayside.
Youre right. It's no longer about the quality of work, or even enjoying your job any more. It's a job to pay the bills so people take em. Im guilty of it.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM  

Shuswap, BC
I know a waitress that hates her job, but stays because she makes ridiculously HUGE money doing it.
She could get other jobs for sure, but would only make 1/6 as much, so she stays.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
I know a waitress that hates her job, but stays because she makes ridiculously HUGE money doing it.
She could get other jobs for sure, but would only make 1/6 as much, so she stays.
A lot of them make good money, a lot make terrible money, it really depends on to many variables.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.