Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Banker leaves 1% tip

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1299280.html

Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 PM  
fustrated genius

This is why the rich are rich . . . they don't let go of their wad.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I always go out of my way to give waitresses a nice tip
Old 02-29-2012, 04:18 AM  

Houston, Texas
When I leave a tip that small I mean it as an expression on the quality of service I received.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I can't remember the last time I got lousy service.
I try to be an easy customer to deal with and it seems to work.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM  

Myself as well. We all have crappy days, but I sure wouldn't show my face in there again if I was to do a stupid blunder like that!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM  

Houston, Texas
I usually leave a 10% tip so 1% is statement.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Not valuing the jobs of the service industry as "real jobs" is why they can get away with paying them nothing.

Who else is going to bring you your food? Take away your trash? Wash your dishes?

We forget America was built on the back of blue collar work and that is being forgotten.

It's a shame, it also explains why it's easy for that class to ship jobs over seas and deny the middle class that put them in the position they are in.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:46 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Not valuing the jobs of the service industry as "real jobs" is why they can get away with paying them nothing.Who else is going to bring you your food? Take away your trash? Wash your dishes?
Illegal immigrants. The same ones who do it now because American workers demand too much and deliver too little. I wonder if that waitress that got the 1% tip was an illegal immigrant or not?

Quote:
We forget America was built on the back of blue collar work and that is being forgotten.
Nope, not forgotten. Just an outdated concept in a culture where the blue collar worker takes their job for granted. As if they have a right to work. No one has a "right" to work. Find that in the Constitution, that you have a right to work. You work to get a job then you work harder to keep it. Being in Texas you know that Texas is not a right to work state. That means that your employeer can walk in say good morning, nice tie and by the way you're fired and doesn't need to give you a reason. Does it happen? No, but it can and you have few if any options if it does.

Quote:
It's a shame, it also explains why it's easy for that class to ship jobs over seas and deny the middle class that put them in the position they are in.
Huh? Want to run that by me again? Ship what jobs overseas? Washing dishes? Waiting tables? OK. I get it and agree. Up to a point. Blaming someone else for your own bad attitude, apathy and lack of interest in doing the job right hardly seems prudent. Think I will keep giving out 1% tips when needed and 10% when called for. I have two words going through my mind that I find an outdated concept and past it's time. Probably doing more harm than good in the current economic climate. The words are "Labor Union".
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I hate to be the pisser of your picnic again but...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...195827093.html

Quote:
Yesterday we reported a story about a banker who allegedly left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch bill at True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach, California. In addition, he added a 'tip' to "get a real job." It was meant to be a dig from the 1% to the 99%, and the story, as well as the image, were shared all over the Web. We posted it on our show and received thousands of comments about the insulting remark written on the receipt.

After contacting the restaurant, its spokesperson Jami Reagan told us the receipt was Photoshopped, and they have the original receipt to prove it. Trending Now has received the original copy of the receipt, and we can confirm that it was in fact digitally altered. Reagan said the reason that the issue was not corrected quicker is because the corporate offices were closed over the weekend.

The original receipt does not contain the tip "Get a real job." Also, the real bill was for $33.54, not $133.54, and the tip given was $7, not $1.33.

The blog that originally posted the receipt, Future Ex-Banker, was taken down Friday as well. True Food Kitchen also says that the receipt was not altered by anyone on their staff, adding that they would never post any guest's personal information.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!