Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM  
fustrated genius

So you just put it back in the water?

couple questions to get an idea, does it have a rotating shaft with mechanical seals like on a pump? or is it elastimeric like O rings?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I have a breakfast like this about once a month.
BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS-img_0607.jpg 

Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
So you just put it back in the water?

couple questions to get an idea, does it have a rotating shaft with mechanical seals like on a pump? or is it elastimeric like O rings?
It is a Mercury Alpha drive, which is a sealed unit. He called to say it leaked a bit today, but not much. I just can't figure it out.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 AM  
fustrated genius

That would toss me into a feeding frenzy that would last clear until I went into confulsions and a state of comatose. Looks EXCELLANT. I have to go scale but I think I may have gained 10-15 lbs just looking at the picture.

(I can't eat white breads, egg yokes, bacon septin turkey, or sausage septin turkey sausage or taterspretty sorry ain't it)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:46 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Yes, they don't sell the % wheat in stores or even at the tortilleria. That's about a 75/25 mix and no lard is used at all.
Do you have a reicpe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post

Daaaaaaang.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Do you have a reicpe?
that's actually about 60% but you can always add more wheat flour- much more and they are cracking too much.

Wheat Tortillas

2 cups wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup Crisco
about 1 & 1/4 cups WARM water

Mix together crisco, flours and salt

Slowly add water to dough consistancy (may or may not take all wtr)

knead and make into 10 to 12 balls
coat hands in veggie oil and lightly coat balls
roll out (may need a little flour to keep from sticking)

Skillet, Gridle needs to be HOT at start.
cook about a minute or two on each side.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
How old are you Irish? I love bacon & eggs when camping but never otherwise. Nothing fried....EVER!

I'm no health nut but after losing both parents to diet caused heart disease I modified what I eat to reflect wiser choices. Round steak, never prime rib or Porterhouse.
Yogurt & a banana for breakfast and few oils or carbs. I did this for over 40 years hoping it helped. Last year they ran pre-Op labs on me and the numbers at the bottom are why.Combined with my weight & BP I was told these numbers are more common for an 18 year old.
BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS-img005.jpg 

Old 07-07-2011, 05:04 PM  

Blucher, that is an impressive blood report! Congrats except for your Glucose being a bit high! I get my test every 6 months and demand that my doctor puts in a happy face before sending me the results. This way I know he actually paid attention, and the results are good.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
thanks1

Quote:
I get my test every 6 months and demand that my doctor puts in a happy face before sending me the results. This way I know he actually paid attention, and the results are good.
I like it but my doc had his education paid for by the army and attempts at humor confuse him. The glucose is actually fine, I tend more toward hypoglycemia. I must have had the munchies the night before my labs.

I will never be the poster boy for healthy living but I did choose to give up unhealthy foods. I feel neither loss nor do I miss those things.

Often my father came home with terrible angina pains that also made his shoulders ache. I'd rub those shoulders for many an evening but i'd also be thinking I didn't want that for me. (stay away from that poutine while you're at it)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
thanks1

I like it but my doc had his education paid for by the army and attempts at humor confuse him. The glucose is actually fine, I tend more toward hypoglycemia. I must have had the munchies the night before my labs.

I will never be the poster boy for healthy living but I did choose to give up unhealthy foods. I feel neither loss nor do I miss those things.

Often my father came home with terrible angina pains that also made his shoulders ache. I'd rub those shoulders for many an evening but i'd also be thinking I didn't want that for me. (stay away from that poutine while you're at it)
I too, kinda watch what I eat. Yesterday we pulled into a town down river, Parker, and wanted to grab something to take with us. We got Ruperto's burritos. Mine a Carne Asada burrito and the wife got an AZ burrito. Neither one of us could handle the grease or something, made us both a smidgeon ill. Used to inhale them roberto's Carne asadas all the time, they're the same.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.