Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2010, 02:11 PM  

Temecula, California
Dominoes Pizza...and Bread Sticks

Dominoes was well known for having subpar pizza. When they created an advertising campaign confronting it and admitting it, I had real respect for them. What do you think of their new dough recipe?

I still think the dough can be improved, but it has come a long way from where it was. Where they have really impressed me is in their online ordering system. I don't know if all the pizza places are doing this but their online ordering blew me away. It was easy, fast and very interactive. It told me who was making my pizza, and what the status of the pizza was. Within a couple of minutes of placing my order I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize, it was the guy who the computer showed was making my pizza calling to tell me one of the toppings I ordered wasn't available. We agreed on a substitution and then he offered to give me a complimentary order of bread sticks.

I love pizza. I will even brag and state that I make the best pizza ever! The thing is it takes some time which I don't always have. Well their pizza is greatly improved as I stated but still nothing spectacular, it's just delivery pizza...But their bread sticks are SOOO GOOD! I was seriously considering placing another order just for bread sticks. If you haven't tried them pick some up, you'll thank me.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I agree with the above post.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 AM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
I made the mistake of being adventurous and trying out their "new recipe" with "fresh organic ingredients" when I took a break from my diet over the holiday break. They charge $2 more for "deep dish" (pan, not really deep dish) crust - boo, strike one. $2.25 to deliver less than a mile to my door, not including tip. The ingredients and cheese were just as bland as before. Chicken tasted "off," kinda rancid, even loaded with the spices. The medium pizzas I got in their latest promotion didn't even measure out to 12". And I would have payed less for a better, more satisfying LARGE Pizza Hut pan pizza delivered to my door on that cold night. My wife wasn't impressed either, especially with the weird combinations of toppings that were added to common specialty pizzas.

The crust was decent - I usually toss the crust out, but I actually munched on this stuff. Maybe because I was still hungry? I hear their Molten Lava cakes are good.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Of the pizza factory places I prefer Dominos over Pizza Hut and Papa Johns.

If you want good pizza there is only one way to cook it OLD SCHOOL BRICK OVEN.

Brick oven over a wood fueled fire real fresh mozzarella cheese fresh made sauce.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
You'll have to try this one as an home bake when you can't get out........always keep one in the freezer.......

http://www.digiorno.com/

http://www.digiorno.com/Products.aspx

http://www.digiorno.com/Advertising.aspx
Old 01-28-2011, 02:03 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Anything beats Papa John's...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I've tried the new Domino's and I still didn't like it. But I don't really like any of the chain store pizza's.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm not gonna lie, I kind of do like Domino's new stuff. Around here in Hawaii, they're pretty much the only somewhat-reasonably priced place to get pizza

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I'd have to go to making home made pizza,if Dominos was the best choice.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!