Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2014, 03:59 PM  

Engineered Hams

I wonder what they do to the exterior of these hams to make them resemble a smoked ham. I decided to try a couple of hams to see how they are. The brands chosen were Hormel Cure 81 and Smithfield. I don't know the significance of the Cure 81 label for a moisture added engineered ham. The Hormel interior was more grain aligned with an appearance like similar pices of wood glued together while the Smithfield appearance was more like OSB or terazzo. The Hormel was of better texture and flavor, the Smithfield paticles making up the conglomerate not being of uniform texture and tenderness. The downside being the Hormel being $2.00 per pound higher in price, $6.98 opposed to $4.98. Both were overpriced IMHO.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:09 PM  

Nashville, TN
And you probably don't wan to know how they make chicken McNuggets either, I bet...

Old 09-06-2014, 07:31 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
And you probably don't wan to know how they make chicken McNuggets either, I bet...
They are something like 30% silicone.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!