Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Espresso Machines

I'm a coffee addict. I know there are lots of others.

Drip in the morning, espresso in the afternoon.

For those espresso lovers, what machine do you have?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:05 AM  

Sammamish, WA
We have worn out 3-4 and as many grinders in the last 15 years. Currently we have a Breville which seems to be holding up well, and a Cuisinart Grinder that's clearly the best so far.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM  

San Jose, Costa Rica
I have a rancilio epoca, 2 groups, manual. it is from my coffee shop, currently have it at home.

I also grow and roast coffee. Check out my website at Down to Earth - Started by Mother Nature, finished by hand.
i roast with two TOPER machines, one is a 22 lb x batch and the other is a 66 lb/batch with hot air technology.

Have you ever tried Dota coffee? that is my specialty. i am enclosing a shot of one of my catuai trees, this one is of the Yellow variety, it shows ripeness by turning yellow instead of red, and another one one of me roasting, in my small machine.

keep in touch.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM  

Princeton, West Virginia
I have some cheapo quisinart from wal-mart.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I love coffee but I like the simple coffee made from a french press. If it's drip then I like plain good fresh ground black coffee ... nothing fancy, just simple and fresh, so no expensive coffee machine in my house.

The best coffee I ever had was when I lived in the middle east for 2 years ... their black coffee is ridiculously good.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricacoffee View Post
I have a rancilio epoca, 2 groups, manual. it is from my coffee shop, currently have it at home.

I also grow and roast coffee. Check out my website at Down to Earth - Started by Mother Nature, finished by hand.
i roast with two TOPER machines, one is a 22 lb x batch and the other is a 66 lb/batch with hot air technology.

Have you ever tried Dota coffee? that is my specialty. i am enclosing a shot of one of my catuai trees, this one is of the Yellow variety, it shows ripeness by turning yellow instead of red, and another one one of me roasting, in my small machine.

keep in touch.
From a real coffee lover ... I just checked out your site ... very impressive. I may join your coffee club. It's tempting for sure!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:54 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Drip, Mellita, Percolator, Vietnamese, Steam Espresso (as opposed to piston) and a hand full of other drips.

Coffee is life. I wake up in the morning excited that I get to drink coffee.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 PM  

beaverton, oregon
The wife and I love our espresso. Since we got our first espresso machine she doesn't even drink drip coffee anymore. I still like a good cup of drip coffee. So far we have had the machines that cost $80 to $100. The one we have now is a Mr. coffee it uses pressure, and steam. Its a nice tasty mocha. But we learned a tough lesson the first day we tried to make 2 in a row. My wife read the instructions but forgot to tell me that we need to let the pressure out. Oh boy was it a nice loud boom and the lid took out the paper towel holder, the paper towels were soaked and ruined. Water was on the ceiling and the lid landed in the turtle cage.. I think I got lucky I didn't get scalded.
We are looking to upgrade to a good machine soon.. Can anyone give a good suggestion for a machine that will get used quite a bit?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM  

San Jose, Costa Rica
My honest opinion

I am partial to Rancilio, so i can only suggest a Rancilio Silvia. This might be a big step but i think you have to go up the ladder to the good stuff and assume that you had done the $400 and $700 steps already.

The Rancilio is a machine for life and will make the most out of any coffee bean.

good luck!

matias
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 PM  

Matias, do you really have time to be playing on the computer when my order is in the back room waiting to be filled!? Welcome to CP my friend!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!