Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 AM  
tam

Winchester, VA
I just long for Starbucksl

Old 11-06-2010, 05:01 PM  

san marcos, texas
My saeco espresso machine has not been pouring very good shots lately due to our hard water. Once I clean it and use filtered water from now on, it should be good again.

In the meantime I have been making cowboy coffee on the stove top, sometimes its great and other times, like this morning, I poured it down the drain.

I own a cheap drip coffee machine, but I hate the way the coffee tastes from it. No matter how much I clean it, the coffee is just no good.

I'm thinking of trying a french press, I want something simple and well made (no plastic)
Any suggestions?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 PM  

Naperville, IL
I have a Cuisinart I barely ever use, my cheap Moka pot is my favorite way to get a good espresso.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 AM  

Cambridge, MA
I have a Breville pump-based unit now (can't remember the model). In the past I've tried the range of simpler ones, including the stove top and stand-alone single stage. None of them work perfectly, but if you set everything up just right you can get a decent pull.

Does anyone have experience with the old-fashioned pull-handle machines (I'm thinking La Pavoni in particular)?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.