Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
For anyone interested in mead making, check out this site. All About Mead Making

It was a big help when I was getting into brewing.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM  

Rancho Bernardo, CA
I've been brewing for about 15 years now. I also came over from Homebrewtalk.com. I would imagine there will be lots more now that they are running a giveaway like the one that got all the jeep folks here.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM  

Saint Petersburg, Florida
I, too, came over from Homebrewtalk. Been brewing for 8 years, swmbo been making wine for 3 years. Haven't perfected sake yet, but we're trying!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
There's a whole influx of us homebrewers/winemakers who came over from Tx's other site homebrewtalk.com
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM  

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Make what you like to drink. I make beer. I drink beer. I don't drink wine or mead, so I don't make those. You will find out what you like and don't like as you go along, and making something that you like will encourage yourself to get better at it.
Also, for the beer making part, you can go pretty cheap to outragously expensive to get into it. Try it out first. You can get a good starter kit for under $100, and most stores will throw in your first batch kit with that. If it is something you like, you can add on to it piece by piece, until you wake up one morning and find you have a small fortune invested in it, and gallons upon gallons of beer waiting for you in your basement. It can be addictive.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:36 PM  

Savannah, GA
Yep, I ferment just about everything ... beer, wine, cider, mead ...
Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM  

Williamsburg, VA
Another homebrewtalk.com member here. I've been brewing over 8 years now...all beer. I prefer stouts and IPAs but have brewed Oktoberfests, Irish Reds, cream ales, some wheats, and a Scottish 80.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 PM  

Staten Island, NY
I've only been brewing for about 2 years on and off. I've recently made the invest of getting a kegerator and a few kegs. Next stop is going into All Grain brewing, how exciting.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 PM  

sainte-madeleine, Qu?bec
homebrewer for 5 years (with some breaks) i also do some spirit, mead...
Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 PM  

Way North, Minnesota
I started homebrewing a few years ago and had the good fortune to have a wife who let me use the kitchen (no boilovers yet, whew!). She was a confirmed wine drinker who tolerated beer, but after being around during the brewing process, she was so impressed with the grains and hop odors she gave beer another try with new appreciation. Now she rarely drinks wine and tolerates my Irish Red and Oatmeal Stout - all she wants is IPA!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!