Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Horse's may be slaughtered for Human consumption

What are your felling's on this? Now it used to be legal until the 90's when the FDA stopped funding the inspections.

I for one say Wheres my horse steak. Horse burgers with sweet tater fries sounds good to me.

I don't like horse's and would never see one as a pet. If I had horses they would be for work or in the event of a SHTF food.

So if you rolled into your favorite steak house and the special was a 9oz horse sirloin with side salad and baked potato would you order it?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:18 AM  

Greenville, SC

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm all for it.

I know many cultures had to endure hard ship ended up eating the horses and became a staple of their diets.

I think it falls into one of those categories, if there's a market for it, then lets eat it!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Havn't tried horse yet. I'd order it to see if I'd like it. Probably try a few different cuts to try to find the best texture and flavor for this kind of meat.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
That is gross. I would sooner eat dog instead of one of my equines.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
In Missouri, horses are worthless. Many don't even get a bid at auctions. They can either be slaughtered for food or starve to death. There are many arrests every year for people letting them starve because they can't even give them away and can't afford to feed them.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I'd give it a try. As far as I'm concerned the horse is no different than a steer, sheep, pig or chicken. just haven't been raised as meet because they are so old and tough by the time their usefulness as work animals is over. If they were bred for meat and butchered young it could be a whole new market and help reduce the price of beef.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 AM  

Montreal
Here in Montreal horse meat is available in many super markets, looks like very lean hamburger meat but at half the price..To avoid issues i never tell the rest of the family that all the burgers and meat pies i've made over the years have usually been half horse meat half regular hamburger...
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
In Europe you will find more horse meat than beef in the butchers meat case.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 AM  

I once had a horse which was stolen and eventually sold to a company in Japan for horsemeat. It was a very sad time for me and wish all countries would outlaw the consumption of meat from these majestic animals.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.