Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2011, 05:51 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Yea, i can do chili...

Thanks for the links, i'll check them out...

Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM  

Tampa, Florida
Check out Allrecipes.com - the top web site for recipes, food and cooking tips they even have an Iphone app that I use all the time for quick easy dishes. I havent made one with thats gotten good reviews that didnt taste good yet.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM  

Unfortunately, the above won't help Otahyoni....too many words and not enough pictures!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Be real careful on all recipes dot com. I have gotten some good recipes on there and some that are just OMG what the heck did I just make.

easiest thing I do is just start mixing things together. It normally comes out really good or bad. My kids are enigmas and will eat anything I made a lasagna recipe off there and it came out horrible burnt bottom rubbery cheese and bland as all get out. Kids ate it for dinner that night loved it then ate it for lunch the next 2 days.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I'll made a couple things from allrecipes.com..... I'm pretty picky, which makes it a little harder to find recipes i like...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:34 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Picky.

If its green I won't eat it.

I am a meatatarian mostly.

I really eat like my grandfather meat Potatoes and bread......
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've not had good luck with online recipes.

They always turn out horrible, or not at all, and I lived in kitchens the first decade of my working experience.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Here you go two more from me.

Maple bourbon brined pork or chicken

Make sure you have a air tight container large enough to hold pork or chicken and brine.

Brine
1/4 cup boiling water
3 tbs KOSHER salt
4 cups cold water
1/2 cup REAL maple syrup
1/2 cup bourbon (Cheap tasted just as good as top shelf)
1 TSP fresh cracked coarse pepper
4 to 8 cloves of garlic smashed
leaves from 2 large fresh rosmary stems

Dissolve salt in boiling water. In a container or a 1 gal ziploc bag place water and salt water. Add syrup and bourbon pepper garlic and rosemary leaves in. Then add pork or chicken and seal refrigerate from 12 to 48 hours depending on the weight of the meat. 12 hours for pork chops 48 for whole chicken or pork loin. Remove from brine and rinse and pat dry with clean paper towel.

For chops preheat large skillet over med-high heat. cook chops for 4 minutes then check to see if they are golden brown. If brown turn and cook for 4 more minutes. Reduce heat to lot and cover cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or temp is 160 degs.

For fancy platting take some maple syrup and fancy flavored balsamic vinegar like Lucero Wild Cherry or blueberry Balsamic vinegar.

For loin or chicken cook in a oven preheated to 350 deg. cook for 1 hour or until 160 for pork or 165 for chicken.

Baked french toast.

Make the night before you serve.

1c Light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1tbs Karo corn syrup
5 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 loaf of french bread cut into 1 to 2" slices
9x13 baking pan

Mix butter, brown sugar, karo in a pot and melt together till mixture just starts to stick to silicon spoonula. Pour sugar mixture into pan fully coating bottom. Place sliced bread in syrup mixture. Set aside for now.

Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.

Pour egg mixture over bread making sure to cover ALL bread is coated. refrigerate over night. Bake in a 350 deg oven for 30 minutes.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I make this all the time. Its really good with leftover boiled shrimp, but its just fine with the pre-cooked packaged shrimp that most supermarkets sell in the freezer section too. I eat it over penne. Takes all of 15-20 min to make.

Campbell's Kitchen: Sautéed Shrimp Italiano
Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Easy Recipe for "KEY LIME PIE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otahyoni View Post
As the title says, i'm looking for some simpler recipes to try. I really enjoy cooking, though i'm not that good. I'm trying to help my wife by taking over some of the cooking.

So post up some things you've made.

We received this from a friend years ago and, to me, it was pretty good

The hand writing part meant to save some of the Cool Whip to spread on top, but not necessary.
Looking for simple recipes-key-lime-pie.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.