Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM  

Davenport, Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawsfree View Post
A club member and myself shot some short videos on the last batch of mead he made. With his process your mead is ready to enjoy in as little as 3-4 weeks. Yea that's right. His orange blossom mead that was only 1.5 months old won 2nd place best of show in a recent mead competition. I will post the video link here shortly.
Video link?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 AM  

North Charleston, South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Video link?
Workin on it should have it up by the end of the year

Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM  

Chicago
Not yet buy I plan on making a batch sometime in the near future.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM  

Tennessee
Looking forward to some more recipes before I fork over the cash for clover honey, as it has went through the roof.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:39 PM  

mn
all you need is a plactic pail ,1 to 4 1/2 gal is fine to start with<< ask at a bakery , if they say no just go to the next one as some don't give them away
but you need a food grade pail ,, not just any pail ,, a air lock ,, look for a wine brewing supply ,, Triple Scale Hydrometer , it tests the Potential Alcohol they cost about 7 dollars ,,, wine yeast , Potassium Sorbate , prevents renewed fermentation in wine that is to be bottled and/or sweetened. thats the bear bones wine making ,, I have been doing wine for 3 years and this is what I started with ,, the only thing I got more is a corker thats 20 dollars ,, the bottels run a buck or more each if you buy them ,,, go some place that has wine tasting and ask for the emptys , go to menards and get the clear hose for water ,, this is all you need ,, I did pick up a few things at yard sales from wine makers that no longer made wine but that stuff is not needed unless you want it ,,, google wine press it is the best wine site I have found

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads