Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
WOW!!!!!

Grilled Cheese Recipe by Chef Michael Symon

Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 AM  
Supporting Member

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/americas-favorite-grilled-cheese-52507.aspx?cm_mmc=social-_-youtube-_-description-_-recipe
Quote:

recipe

What You Need

2 slices white bread
2 KRAFT Singles
2 tsp. butter or margarine, softened

Make It

TOP 1 bread slice with Singles; cover with remaining bread slice.

SPREAD outside of sandwich with butter.

COOK in skillet on medium heat 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Healthy Living

Save 90 calories and 12g of fat, including 7.5g of saturated fat, per serving by omitting the butter, preparing the sandwich with whole wheat bread and KRAFT 2% Milk Singles, and cooking the sandwich in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray.

Grilled Cheese for a Crowd

When preparing sandwiches for a crowd, place buttered sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake at 400?F for 6 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides.

Variations

Prepare as directed, using one of the following options:

Bacon & Tomato: Add 2 cooked slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon and 2 thin tomato slices between the Singles.

Easy Tuna Melt: Spread bread slices with KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise. Cover 1 bread slice with 1 Singles, 2 Tbsp. drained and flaked canned tuna, second Singles and remaining bread slice. Spread with butter and cook as directed.

Cheesy Cinnamon-Raisin Grill: Prepare using cinnamon-raisin bread.

Zippy Grilled Cheese & Bacon: Substitute MIRACLE WHIP Dressing for the butter and add 2 cooked slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon between the Singles.

Double-Decker Grilled Cheese: Add a third bread slice between the Singles.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM  

Spokane, WA
When I make a grilled cheese I typically use a good multi-grain bread (My favorite is Franz Bakeries San Juan Wheat Nine Grain Bread) then use multiple cheeses. I make a layer of each for nice, thick, gooey sandwiches. Chedder, american, then monteray jack.

The american melts the fastest, so I always put that in the center so the harder cheeses are a little closer to the heat.

Now here's the real secret! I butter the outsides of the bread, then sprinkle them with a little bit of garlic and onion powder. Then I actually grill my grilled cheese on my BBQ as opposed to using a frying a pan.

Get the grill good and hot, then cook them over indirect heat to keep the bread from getting burned. It takes a fair amount of time for all of that cheese to melt all the way through. It will be dripping out the sides long before the very center of the sandwich is all melty!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just saw this and figured that everyone loves a good, simple grilled cheese recipe! Also, if you enjoy yours with tomato soup much like myself, I've found that you can make a can of Campbells tomato soup taste nice and classy by just adding a dash of basil to the soup as you heat it up!

Enjoy!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 AM  
Supporting Member

You're Doing It All Wrong: How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Grilled Cheese Truck-Cooking Channel

Cooking with Chef Shafer: Eps. 2 - Making the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich

HilahCooking: Grilled Cheese! - How To Make a Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

JUST INCLUDING THESE FOR INFORMATION.....GREAT TO SEE HOW OTHER FOLKS DO IT........

Fried Eggs - How to Perfectly Fry an Egg

How To Make Poached Eggs

How to Poach Eggs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!