Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Fresno
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM  

Fresno, California
Any good beginner mountain bike trails?

I am trying to get my son (10) into mountain biking. We did a single-track this summer that was his first experience, but although not hard, was a little much for a novice at times. Anybody have some good training type trails near town to get him some more dirt experience before hitting the bigger trails in the mountians?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM  

The BLM web site is a good place to look.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 AM  

Modesto, Ca
X2 try BLM land. It's usually pretty diverse when it comes to trails but the atv and dirtbike guys usually tear it up pretty good. I know of three or four near Modesto if you make it up here at all.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM  

CA
There's supposed to be a good family-friendly singletrack ride at Millerton Lake. I think it's an out and back ride. I haven't don it yet myself, so no firsthand report, but you should be able to find out more about it online.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 AM  

Woodward Park has a great area.... Millerton lake has a nice out and back ...make it what you want ...pretty flat ( blue oak Picnic area back to winchell cove...3+- miles each way

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Fresno
Bookmark this Page!