Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
It is fun to watch the jets coming in on landing from the boat, though.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 AM  

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by smh0768 View Post
It is fun to watch the jets coming in on landing from the boat, though.
It's even more fun to watch them practicing for airshows over the NAS Joint Reserve base.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
That is a stinky nasty pond

I grew up on Possum Kingdom Lake in the 60's and 70's (I turned 50 recently) and before the people swarmed to it in the 1980's and 90's it was a really nice reservoir and since it is in that 3 lake Brazos River chain and being the Northern most component always had nice looking clear water for a lake, but it's not that way anymore.
The key to getting the most enjoyment out of a lake is to get involved with one that has been recently built/flooded because it takes a few years for the idiots to learn about it and RUIN it. Possum Kingdom, Granbury, and Whitney are each pretty good lakes as lakes go in the state of Texas. Those are the best lakes in North Texas, excluding the monster Texhoma which is a fantastic lake, but not a lake for the boating rookie. There are a few decent lakes East of Dallas, like Lakes of The Pines, Lake Fork, Lake Conroe are nice, very picturesque I fish those lakes.
I think people who think Lake Worth pond is a nice LAKE need to check out these others before embarrassing themselves further.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:48 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootspur View Post
I grew up on Possum Kingdom Lake in the 60's and 70's (I turned 50 recently) and before the people swarmed to it in the 1980's and 90's it was a really nice reservoir and since it is in that 3 lake Brazos River chain and being the Northern most component always had nice looking clear water for a lake, but it's not that way anymore.
The key to getting the most enjoyment out of a lake is to get involved with one that has been recently built/flooded because it takes a few years for the idiots to learn about it and RUIN it. Possum Kingdom, Granbury, and Whitney are each pretty good lakes as lakes go in the state of Texas. Those are the best lakes in North Texas, excluding the monster Texhoma which is a fantastic lake, but not a lake for the boating rookie. There are a few decent lakes East of Dallas, like Lakes of The Pines, Lake Fork, Lake Conroe are nice, very picturesque I fish those lakes.
I think people who think Lake Worth pond is a nice LAKE need to check out these others before embarrassing themselves further.

Also Lake Ray Roberts, North of Denton.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugout View Post
Is Lake Worth incorporated by the city? I have an opportunity to invest with a friend, and am wondering if it's considered part of the city?
I hope you took advantage of your friend's recommendation?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads