Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Joe Ts is great! The same owners also own the restraunt across the street. Esparanzas. I think its the best mexican food in the metroplex. They have a full menu too. Only bummer is that they also only accept cash/checks.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
just OK

Joe T's is okay as far as food goes. Not the best Mexican food you'll eat nor the worst. Margaritas are killer though. Joe T's is more of a place to go to at least once so you can say you've been there. It's kind of a place to see and be seen at. Other than that, when I want good Mexican food, there are other places I go to instead.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM  

Palestine, Texas
I prefer Mercado Juarez to Joe T's.

Joe T's was much more fun when you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the restaurant.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Their still open... Way to busy to close down and go out of business!
Their Chicken Fajitas and Margaritas make for a sunny afternoon...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:33 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Joe T. Garcia's is a FORT WORTH Institution, it is in every travel-guide to our fair City, the food is fantastic they still serve the way they always have there are roving Mariachi players who for a Five Or Ten Spot will play your sweetheart a love song, be sure to tip them.
There is usually a line so be patient, but back in the 80's the health department no longer allowed the line to route through the kitchen so you don't get so hot while in line. Kind of sad though, that was a quaint tradition!
The food has from it's inception served only a couple of items, their margarita's are dynamite, the server's are polite and timely, the atmosphere is one of a kind... And!!
You better bring cash they don't take PLASTIC, or Checks... Cash is KING.

Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Joe T. Garcia question-joetgarcias2.jpg 

Old 11-07-2010, 12:38 PM  

Haltom City, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBoy View Post
I prefer Mercado Juarez to Joe T's.

Joe T's was much more fun when you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the restaurant.
I will agree with you on that one, plus allot less expensive and food is as good or better. I also LOVE MCs warm salsa (as in heat warm not cold like everywhere else) Plus I think half FWPD eats there on break lol
Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
I enjoy Joe T's on occasion, but have never gotten the fascination of those out of town that I know that come in to do nothing but go there. I'll join them *if* they've already gotten a table, however.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 PM  

Ft. Worth, Texas
Go for the margaritas and the atmosphere!! The patio is a great place to eat in both summer and winter (they put heaters out so it's actually very comfy).
Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 PM  

Little Elm, Texas
Every time I go I forget that they are CASH ONLY... fun place though
Old 12-12-2010, 12:29 PM  

Euless, TX
While the line to sit outside may look daunting, it moves quickly, and the outdoor seating area is amazing. The first several times we went we sat inside to avoid the wait, and didn't know what we were missing.

As everyone else said, bring cash. Also realize that there's no menus. Your options are enchiladas or fajitas. The fajitas are amazing, and enough food to feed you for dinner and lunch the next day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!

« FT. Worth Question | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.