Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2012, 03:08 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Joe T's is still open.

My family used to take me there as a small child in the 1960's. All the way up past high school graduation in 1978 WHEN ARRIVING at Joe T.'s there was really no waiting room so you simply stood in line awaiting your turn to be seated and the only way to the dining room was through a portion of the main kitchen where to your right a few feet was a big giant very hot Pot seated atop a burner and what I recall the most about that short portion of the line was the intense heat.
The Texas Regulatory body responsible for food safety finally came in (I don't recall the year) and made the family block that off and cut a NEW passage to their dinning room. I am so sorry to see that go, traditions don't disappear this way in other countries, I have traveled all through Europe and they don't change their traditional old school ways, they keep their "OLD" they don't look to replace those things that allow you to feel the way things were in another time. It makes me sick that our nation is just dotted with fast food restaurants all over the landscape.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:31 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
It's another case of the better safe than happy Bubble Child mentality.

And it's too bad, because old school food is just so way much better!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!

« FT. Worth Question | - »