Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Virginia aviation museum, richmond, va.-
Aviation People-img_6232_edited.jpg 

Aviation People-img_6234_edited.jpg 

Aviation People-virginia-aviation-museum-1.jpg 

Aviation People-virginia-aviation-museum-2..jpg 

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
//////////
Aviation People-two-ufos.jpg 

Aviation People-two-kind-returning-nest.jpg 

Aviation People-buddies.jpg 

Aviation People-couple-jets.jpg 

Aviation People-img_4859.jpg 

Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Those sure look like F-18's to me lol

Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Aviation is so much fun

Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
So does anyone except BCboy and I actually work in aviation?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 AM  

Greenville, SC
I did flightline work for a few years... (Towing fueling etc..). I also went through an A&P program. Did complete the program but circumstances caused me not to take the test. I am considering trying to get my license...

So no, I don't work in aviation..

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I don't know what you're doing now, but the aviation industry worked out well for me.

It might be something to consider if you're not happy where you are at present. I'm not sure what an A&P program entails, but I'm guessing it's like getting an AME license up here
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I don't know what you're doing now, but the aviation industry worked out well for me.

It might be something to consider if you're not happy where you are at present. I'm not sure what an A&P program entails, but I'm guessing it's like getting an AME license up here
The A & P program was just a program to teach you how to work on aircraft. Classes like Airframe electrical, structural, Powerplants... Some math classes, aerodynamic theory... I don't even remember all the courses. I know it was about 2-1/2 to 3 years of classroom and hands on work. Should have taken my test after finishing.

I'm currently looking into refresher courses. They appear to be quite expensive. I also contacted the department head (one of my old instructors) at the tech school I went to. Maybe he can help me out. Seems like I remembered that if I needed refreshers down the road they would provide cheap or free.
As far as right now, I work on the bottom rung of the engineering department in a manufacturing facility. It's sort of cushy with okay pay. It's sort of going down hill though. Responsibilities piled on faster than I can get the stuff done. Job satisfaction in the crapper basically.
Right now I'm thinking about chasing the childhood dream of moving to Alaska and striving to be a bush pilot or something. Do mission work, I don't know... Might sound silly but I don't know.

Oh, don't know what "AME" is. Aircraft Mechanics.... Expert? I don't know. I know here, you have to have either military experience on aircraft or taken some courses before taking the tests. There are three written: Airframe, Powerplant, and General. Then there are Oral then practical tests for at least the Airframe and Powerplant. Probably General too...

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
..."AME" is. Aircraft Mechanics.... Expert? I don't know. I know here, you have to have either military experience on aircraft or taken some courses before taking the tests. There are three written: Airframe, Powerplant, and General. Then there are Oral then practical tests for at least the Airframe and Powerplant. Probably General too...
AME's are Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and can usually sign off on an aircraft or a major system after a certain amount of practical hands on experience.

I'm just the bloody PRM at a component shop

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!