Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: City or Rural
I prefer living in the Metro area 4 6.78%
I prefer living in a Rural area 55 93.22%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM  

Denver, Colorado
City or Country

For those we have lived in both the City and Rural area, which do you prefer?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 PM  

Springdale, Arkansas
I prefer the rural area way above the city living. I have more freedom of how I do things around my house. If I want to fix something on my house, I don't have to go through the hassle to get a permit to do it. At least here we don't have to have building permits in the county for every little thing you do.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:59 PM  
Paracord nut

Denver, Colorado
I prefer to live in a rural location, even though I live in the city of Denver...for now anyway. I will eventually live in the mountains away from everyone!!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM  

Sandy, Oregon
def would rather be out on my own land away from other people. to much hassle, noise, rules, always having to think about your neighbors and try not to break the TON of rules.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:33 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've moved around quite a bit, and lived in both the heavy city and in towns of, say, 500 people or so. I think that the city's good, but one just needs a break from it - if I had to choose, though, I'd definitely pick the rural setting. There's nothing like owning some of your own land...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
ive lived in 3 diferent metro's, and i live in a small town now. this is the last time i live in town lol.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 AM  

Omaha, ne
I've been on the farm, acreage, extremely small town, medium-sized town, and now in Omaha. I much prefer Omaha to all the rest.

Of course, it helps a LOT that our house sits on a full acre, and we almost have an acreage feel right in the middle of the metro area.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:15 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
The next time I move it is going to be to no less than 20 acres. I like to pee outside and I would love to shoot my guns off the back deck any time I want.

I HATE HOA's (Which is odd seeing as I am on the board of mine). It is my home I pay for it and you should have ZERO say in what I want to do on my property.

Living in town has its pluses cloaser to shopping. I can run to the store and be back in 10 minutes if I need some onions for dinner. Out side of town I have to drive 30 + minutes for that.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Lived in both, prefer Rural, although the convenience of the city is hard to beat.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 AM  

Fairmont, WV
Delmar O'Donnell said it best: You ain't no kinda man if you ain't got land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Living in town has its pluses cloaser to shopping. I can run to the store and be back in 10 minutes if I need some onions for dinner. Out side of town I have to drive 30 + minutes for that.
Outside of town you just walk to the garden in your back yard to get your onions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!