Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Should alcohol be banned in public?
Yes 27 15.88%
No 143 84.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Should Alcohol in Public be Illegal?

Locally they debating making all the local parks alcohol free zones.

Do you agree?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
It has been like that here for many years. It's not a bad thing imo, it keeps rowdyness and unsavory activities down.

People tend to still drink sureptitiously in parks despite the law, but it is much more subtle and less likely to get out of hand.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:36 AM  

In the city I worked in, they banned any alcoholic beverages in the parks and any open spaces, in an attempt to erradicate the large transient population who were setting up encampments by the public restrooms. This worked fantastic to move them away from the public, or returned then into the jails for non-compliance of these laws.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 AM  

Riverview, Florida
I don't like giving up any of my rights. I've already seen enough of them taken by the Government. I don't trust them and I'm not going for anything they propose.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Stupid idea. We already did this back in the 20's.....anyone forget about that?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM  

Speedbump? Is that you? Welcome!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 AM  

Wading River, NY
I say no. I am not a drinker at all but I am sick of how legislation is big on Not enforcing the laws that exist and just make more laws that hurt everyone.
In this case. Cops should lock up the rowdies that get out of hand but let the casual, safe drinker enjoy a day off at the Park.
I hate that many Parks are closed at Sunset. I enjoy walking the beach and watching the sunset. Or walking the beach during a Full Moon. Instead of hammering the few bad eggs, they come along and say Parks closed at sunset. Spoils the fun for the innocent. Enforce the laws on the few and let 'the masses' enjoy themselves.
Brookhaven Township is famous for saying "NO" to everything that used to be fun just because it's easier then enforcing order.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
^ I completely agree with this ^
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I am not a drinker, but I use to be a casual drinker many years back.

I like what TonyH had to say, and I agree with him.

I don't mind the casual drinker at the park relaxing and unwinding from a loooong work week, but when the party gets out of hand, my kids don't need to see that. Don't make new laws that we can't keep up with, just enforce the ones that we already have. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel (although it is funnier than heck to watch a totally plasterd person fall all over their self).

At bars and clubs, they (usually) have designated drivers. How about at the park? I wonder if they think about who is driving home after the barbecue?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM  

lexington, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigX View Post
Stupid idea. We already did this back in the 20's.....anyone forget about that?
That was prohibition which banned all alcohol everywhere this is talking about banning alcohol from public places like parks which I believe is a good idea I don't like haveing my family around drunken idiots when we are out, plus if these ppl drink at the park they will eventually leave and then we have ppl drunk and driving

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.