Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Should alcohol be banned in public?
Yes 27 15.88%
No 143 84.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM  

North Central, Iowa
Simply be another way ta take away rights. Not needed. Deal with the folks causin problems with laws already implace. Makin this more a police state all the time.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM  

meriden, connecticut
Alcohol is such broad topic, It includes beer, malt liquer and any other alcoholic beverage. I actually thing hard alcohol should be banned or at least more controlled. Perhaps only sold to establishments such as bars and night clubs, but not available for the public to buy at liquer store. Now each state has its own liquer laws. in NY beer can be bought at any convenience store while in CT alcohol only in Package Stores.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:22 PM  

Coyote, CA
Legislate what next?

Immediately after committing a 'too stupid for words' act in public O2 intake should be throttled back. Truly are far to many folks who just happen to be a waste of oxygen. Enjoy the w/e. Visit Lost Valley, lostvalley.4t.com or in San Jose.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM  

There is no reason to ban alcohol. Instead, just come down hard on drunken, violent behavior. Why punish everyone for the acts of idiots; just punish THEM harshly.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 PM  

Lima, NY
We went through prohibition once and it didn't work. It's just another Progressive way to eradicate freedoms. Yes, you will find one or two bad apples but, for the most part, folks know their limit and will be civil.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 PM  

Norton, Mass.
Gawd, when will it end... ...
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM  

Chicago, IL
I am so anti-gov't rules AND I brew beer,,, BUT one of the main jobs of the gov't is to protect its citizens. I am torn here. I have lived in both places where you can drink in the parks and can't. I just see way too many lower income people gather in the parks/beaches and cause trouble w/o drinking,, add drinking and it gets worse. Go ahead and lite me up. I would like to hear some blunt opinions.

Slainte
Old 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM  

was Las Vegas, now Orland Park, Was Nevada, now Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
I say no. I am not a drinker at all but I am sick of how legislation is big on Not enforcing the laws that exist and just make more laws that hurt everyone.
In this case. Cops should lock up the rowdies that get out of hand but let the casual, safe drinker enjoy a day off at the Park.
I hate that many Parks are closed at Sunset. I enjoy walking the beach and watching the sunset. Or walking the beach during a Full Moon. Instead of hammering the few bad eggs, they come along and say Parks closed at sunset. Spoils the fun for the innocent. Enforce the laws on the few and let 'the masses' enjoy themselves.
Brookhaven Township is famous for saying "NO" to everything that used to be fun just because it's easier then enforcing order.
I agree with TonyH. I don't drink at all but you should be able to drink responsibly. Throw the book at anyone that can't comply.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM  

Moorpark, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowonweb View Post
Alcohol is such broad topic, It includes beer, malt liquer and any other alcoholic beverage. I actually thing hard alcohol should be banned or at least more controlled. Perhaps only sold to establishments such as bars and night clubs, but not available for the public to buy at liquer store. Now each state has its own liquer laws. in NY beer can be bought at any convenience store while in CT alcohol only in Package Stores.
This makes no sense at all. There is no difference between beer, malt liquor, or hard liquor. People will always find a way to get drunk. Instead of ruining it for the majority, enforce the laws on the books. Throw the book at drunk drivers, litterers, drunk and disorderly conduct, the problem will take care of itself.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM  

Stupid behavior will not be removed/stopped with legislation. All it does is hinder liberties of the majority who are law abiding citizens. As some have stated here we have laws already for public drunkenness/nuisance etc so a ban (on anything for that matter) never works. Except on the honest people. Once again I am glad I live in Idaho.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!