Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Should alcohol be banned in public?
Yes 27 15.88%
No 143 84.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 PM  

Newport, Washington
Shades of Prohibition! Just another attempt to erode our liberties in favor of a false sense of security. If we continue to allow the progressive drive in this country to control all aspects of our lives, because they know better than we do, we will no longer be able to make any decisions within our daily lives. To any who think this would be a good thing move to Beijing and see how you like living in a totalitarian country. We need to scale back on regulation and government. This type of over-regulation is what the framers of the Constitution warned us about! Read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers and the Debates on the Constitution. Wake up America! By the way I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 PM  
Zombie Nut

Tucson, Arizona
I don't think we should have alcohol in public but I don't think it it the Governments place to say.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Stupid behavior will not be removed/stopped with legislation. All it does is hinder liberties of the majority who are law abiding citizens
I managed clubs and you're right. One club had barely 21 kids and we staffed 7 large bouncers on all busy nights.

Next club the owner tells me I may not strike except in self defense because there they "restrained" the patron causing trouble. (I thought he was nuts)

He wasn't. No fights because the crowd was young professionals who understood you could drink without being loud or obnoxious. I only got to restrain 2 people over several years and the thief I would have hit anyway was "restrained" by my fast bartender before I got a punch in.

Booze is a serious chemical but most folks handle it fine. Kids as a general rule struggle for a bit but that's life.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
It's about a 13 hour drive from Montreal to PEI. Whenever we go, there are a few nice rest stops we like to visit along the way.

There's a very nice one in Riviere du Loup, overlooking the St. Lawrence River before it becomes the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

We always stop there for a nice picnic lunch and my wife and I usually have a nice cold beer with our lunch while we are there. And we're not alone. A lot of other people apparently enjoy a beer or glass of wine with their lunch just as much as we do, after driving for 6 hours.

It appears that silly laws do nothing except create more innocent scofflaws.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 PM  

Montr?al, Qu?bec
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
It has been like that here for many years. It's not a bad thing imo, it keeps rowdyness and unsavory activities down.

People tend to still drink sureptitiously in parks despite the law, but it is much more subtle and less likely to get out of hand.
For more then 30 years now and I think its better this way.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 PM  

Dublin, CA
It like that here in CA... Pain in the arse but you learn to deal with it.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:22 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
I'm not against drinking. In my last post I was referring to Local bans voted in by the people.
When it comes to Government bans, I'm against it.

I thing the Government should focus on enforcing the Immigration Laws
before initiating other laws that won't be enforced.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:52 AM  

Colorado Springs, CO
I don't want amy more legislation that will be selectively enforced! Until the government starts enforcing laws that are already on the books, like immigration laws, there should be no new laws!

If someone wants to have a beer walking around the lake, who does it hurt? But an illegal immigrant here, steals a job, puts a burden on schools and medical services, and in some case fills our prisons.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
No I don't think it is a good idea. Arrest the few idiots and leave everyone else alone. If I want to drink a beer or two while having a party with friends at a park I should be able to do that.

Too man laws to govern everything in life.

Whats next? Ban the drinking of soda in public. No drinking coffee in public. Lets add another federal agency the The Bureau of Public Decency. BPD would be charged with enforcing any and all decency laws.

I don't think much of anything should be banned. Just as helmet laws and seatbelt laws. You are forced to think it is for everyone good. They are not, they are to make money for the city, county, state. That is all they are there for.

If someone gets drunk and out of hand arrest them and put them in the drunk tank and slap a fine on them.

Enforce all the idiotic laws we got ont he books now.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 AM  

Riverview, Florida
Quote:
Speedbump? Is that you? Welcome!
Hi Havasu, yup, it's me. I joined a while back, just had nothing to say. But when I hear about more regulation, I get all fired up. I have to go take my blood pressure medicine now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads