Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
He offered her it and she needed the $$$...

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post
He offered her it and she needed the $$$...
That happens all the time and you can't blame her.....it was definitely more than she started with....

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM  

Greenville, SC
I have a metal detector and had hoped to go hit up some old homesites (there are alot in my area). So far though I've only used it at the beach (didn't find anything) and in the woods at my house. (found some square nails and unidentifiable pieces of metal.)
About the coolest thing I have found is an old rusty mouth harp. Apparently they were very popular during the Civil War. I didn't know what it was until I saw one (just like mine) framed in a history museum.

I still want to hit up some old homesites. Just don't want to trespass. I ride by them all the time....
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Laws of metal detecting, treasure hunting, etc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Does anyone here have a metal detector?

I also want to say the law of finders keepers would protect me, but I realize playground rules may not protect me in the long run. Are there any laws on treasuring hunting?
I just happened to hit the right link discussing laws, etc.....It's quite long but you will get what it's all about pretty quickly......

Metal Detecting Laws, What You Should Know.

Metal Detecting Video, “Ghost Towns Of The East”

From TV Series.

Exploring History's Treasures Fort Bull

Metal Detecting Time Searchers Program No. 6 "Old Colonial Church" Part One

TIME SEARCHERS PROGRAM NO. 5 PART 2

Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 AM  
fustrated genius

WOW I would love to find some old miniballs like that.

We instead have other "treasures" . . . nearby is where I believe the biggest gold nugget was found in North American, I may be remembering this wrong, it was a while back and I read it (the article) quickly. I have two metal detectors and like to go out exploring around. There are abandand mines all over the place here and being a former underground hard rock miner, I know better than to enter these abandand mines here. This is also a former live ammo training range for WWII pilots and Patton's army air corps really left their calling cards all over the desert floor. Spent 50 cal rounds and casings are sprinkled everywhere. There are ghost towns and several historical ruins around but I don't remove artifacts from these, I believe it's against the law to do so if I wanted to anyways. But they are fun to explore and imagine what their lives where like.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads