Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Best burger in Atlanta?

What restaurant have the absolute best burger in Metro Atlanta?

I like the bison at Ted's and love the Vortex. Where can they be topped?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:27 PM  

Athens, GA
Dunno, those have my vote!! Vortex ftw (and clogged artery)!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM  

Georgia
I've always been pretty happy with the various Five Guys franchises around Atlanta and the rest of the country.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Rhea's in Roswell! Gotta go!
Go to the Location on the corner of Canton Rd and Woodstock Rd.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 AM  

Atlanta, GA
Okay, for the benefit of those of you who haven't had the benefit of living in Zone 6 (or visiting the Kirkwood area) I'm gonna tell you how -or rather WHAT- it is.

What it is... is Ms. Ann's Snack Bar at 1615 Memorial Drive. I recommend that you go at a time that's not usually a rush eating time. In any case, you're gonna likely be waiting a bit in the outside area, which feels a bit like a patio. You're gonna want to obey the "no cursing please" sign, and put your cell phone into airport mode.

Once you are invited up into the Holiest of Holies, by an approving glance given by the fellow who took your measure before, and refrained from asking you to leave because you didn't curse, use your cell phone or otherwise be rude to the other folks present, you will be seated at the smallest serving counter you ever saw. More than six people would be seated uncomfortably here, and Ms. Ann does not seat people uncomfortably.

So now you're in. You have two choices:
1 - The Ghetto Burger - a two-patty monstrosity that is higher than it is wide, by some Dagwood-inspired trick of physics.

or

2 - anything else.

It's still good. Remarkably good, as a matter of fact. But when you're scaling Mount Everest, you can opt for the peak... or anything else. Make no mistake: the Ghetto Burger is the peak. Everyone should try it, at least once, if only to be reminded, rather rudely, of your humanity. Forsooth! It is a mere sandwich. Yet it has your number; it is greater than your will and your body combined. You will remember your childhood picnics, exaggerated as if your mother was an obsessive/compulsive burger fiend. You will remember county fairs, diminished in hindsight, by both years and the sheer scale of the Ghetto Burger. You will grasp desperately for childhood fantasies of outlandish "grownup" comestibles and drinks that you cannot imagine enjoying... and here you will find yourself at home with the Ghetto Burger. Not so much a repast as a rite of passage, this rite commands a personality all its own for the vanquished foodie foe. You will moan. You will wish to loosen your pants. You may even briefly consider trespassing the "no cursing" ban.

But you will prevail. You will -regardless of body size- waddle to your waiting vehicle, ease it into Memorial Drive traffic, and begin the internal telling of your own personal Ghetto Burger myth.

You will eat other burgers. You will dine in other eccentric eating spaces, with other persnickity hosts or hostesses. But there is only one Ghetto Burger, and the day you undertook to slay that culinary dragon will remain forever etched in your mind. I recommend making it a good day,
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I definantly have to try the ghetto burger, sounds great only if even for the experience.

But with that being said I have to say that the best burger I have ever had was the bacon and cheese mushroom burger from towne lake diner. It's a new spot on Eagle Drive in the city of Woodstock. I believe the owners are the same owners from Atlanta Fish Market and the Marietta Diner. I was at work and actually went on strike for 30 minutes after the first bite in order to finish it.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:25 PM  

Atlanta, GA
I have heard of Ann's, I gotta try it out soon. I am a big fan of Five Guy's and Fuddruckers burgers. I have been to The Vortex and Fatburger. But for my money, it's FIVE GUYS!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:08 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
The Vortex is wicked, but actually not quite as good as the burger at The Earl in East Atlanta. And if you're into snobby things, the 10pm burgers at Holeman & Finch are good and expensive. Flip has some very good burgers, but they're rather hit-or-miss, so don't be surprised if you get one that tastes like a salt packet.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM  

Savannah, GA
I've always heard The Vortex was the best (I've got to try it sometime) but I'm pretty fond of Farm Burger in Decatur. You won't get better (fresher) meat and toppings.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM  
abundant life in north GA

ATL, georgia
I do love the vortex, but for high end, go try Flip. good burgers. really good.

Martin's does not have a bad burger either... but who cares when you can get the chicken biscuit!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.