Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 01:43 AM  

Depends on what you're going for. Berry College in Rome is a fairly good school.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 PM  

Augusta, Georgia
Uga...go dawgs!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 PM  
Injanir

Griffin, Georgia
I don't see the contest here. UGA is the best. Heck we're starting to take over the engineering too. Ha. Then again being an alumni and an Athens Native might make me bias.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM  

Brooklet, GA
Gsu

Georgia Southern University
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM  

Brunswick, Georgia
Ive checked out several schools all over GA, but the most impressive in education deliverance and ranking to me, was GA tech. Too bad i cant afford it!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM  

Macon/Carrollton, GA
Im going to University of West Georgia and i love it here. good atmosphere and not as big as UGA.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupintart View Post
Georgia Tech hands down. They're called "MIT of the South" for a reason.
You got that wrong. MIT is the Georgia Tech of the North.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 PM  

I'm an engineering student at SPSU. I love it so far. Obviously no football team and (as far as I know), no intentions of forming one, but it's been good fun, I've learned a lot, and most of my professors have been great.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM  

atlanta, GA
The best public university in the state is UGA. It's now harder for most in-state students to get into UGA than any other school (including Tech). UGA is only taking top candidates from out-of-state high schools as well. Tech provides the best engineering, math, and science degree (UGA doesn't provide engineering yet - it's in the works). UGA is tops for everything else.

Of course, these are the top two PUBLIC institutions. Emory University is consistently ranked above UGA and Tech as an undergrad university. Emory is a great place for students seeking a liberal arts degree, as well as a top tier business school.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdawg4 View Post
The best public university in the state is UGA. It's now harder for most in-state students to get into UGA than any other school (including Tech). UGA is only taking top candidates from out-of-state high schools as well. Tech provides the best engineering, math, and science degree (UGA doesn't provide engineering yet - it's in the works). UGA is tops for everything else.

Of course, these are the top two PUBLIC institutions. Emory University is consistently ranked above UGA and Tech as an undergrad university. Emory is a great place for students seeking a liberal arts degree, as well as a top tier business school.
According to one of my professors, UGA is picking up a limited engineering program starting next semester. But if you're interested in EE or mechatronics, GT or SPSU are your best bet.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.