Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM  

Savannah, GA
Craft Beer Info in Georgia

I maintain the Twitter feed and Facebook page for the largest craft beer distributor in Georgia. "Follow" gabeer on Twitter or "Like" ga.craft.beer on Facebook for the latest news on new releases, events and news affecting craft beer drinkers in Georgia.

Savannah Distrib (gabeer) on Twitter
Welcome to Facebook

Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
oooh, didn't know you guys have a twitter feed! Thanks!

Helping to open a bar in the next few weeks, and most of our beer will be coming from you.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:17 PM  

Greensboro, Georgia
So... what determins what beer you bring into the state? I found a beer in St. Paul, MN called Surly and would love to see it down here as well as some others from around the country.

Rich
Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM  
abundant life in north GA

ATL, georgia
And can you all convince them to bring Russian River here? pretty please?!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmekon View Post
oooh, didn't know you guys have a twitter feed! Thanks!
Guess I should have also mentioned the newsletter ...

Savannah Distributing Co. Inc. : Mailing List Signup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmekon View Post
Helping to open a bar in the next few weeks, and most of our beer will be coming from you.
Excellent! Always looking for a new place to drink! Keep me posted and let me know info on opening, etc. I'll post to all the feeds.

David
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadbrew View Post
So... what determins what beer you bring into the state? I found a beer in St. Paul, MN called Surly and would love to see it down here as well as some others from around the country.
A lot of things go into deciding on brands for the State. For us, they have to be leaders of the pack. We don't bring in brands to just bring them in. They have to be doing something a little different and be high quality. Surly definitely fits the bill. I was drinking a lot of their stuff this summer when I was up there for the American Homebrewers national conference. However ...

The next big issue is output. Georgia (and especially Atlanta) is a big market for craft beer and many excellent craft breweries just don't have the capacity right now to satisfy the market. No one wants to come into the State and not be able to keep up with demand. Surly is one of those breweries that is making as much beer as they can to just satisfy their existing markets.

What can a craft beer drinking in Georgia so to help? Keep sending the breweries messages about how much you'd like them to be here in Georgia. Most of the breweries use the number of consumer requests as a major deciding factor when deciding to expand. Pull is always better that push. If they know they already have a strong support base here then they are more likely to come to Georgia than say SC or FL.

David
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmike View Post
And can you all convince them to bring Russian River here? pretty please?!
I'm with you Mike. However, Russian River is one of those breweries that is making top class beers but can't produce enough to open a market as large as Georgia ... yet.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 AM  

Greensboro, Georgia
So how is Kona's distribution looking? I found your website and was surprised to find it not on the list. I've had it in several major cities accross the US and just last night had a Pipeline Porter in Texas that was great.

Rich
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 AM  

Iowa/ Georgia
Goose Island, another fanastic brewery that needs to be in Georgia.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadbrew View Post
So how is Kona's distribution looking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh10 View Post
Goose Island, another fanastic brewery that needs to be in Georgia.
Both Kona and Goose Island are partially owned by AB InBev and are distributed through their channels. Check with your local Budweiser distributor.

Who Owns What? Part II ? Beer Wars Movie

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads