Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2011, 08:08 AM  

Drinving on I-75 through South Georgia

I was driving on I-75 heading to the Orlando area and noticed a lot of weird billboards down south (probably most north of Valdosta).

Every other billboard was for an "Adult Superstores" followed by every other one being "Choose Life" or "Vote Republican." Just made me laugh. (Entertainment is a premium, those roads are boring.)

Also, what's the deal with all the billboards for "Spas?" Are they what I (and everyone else) thinks they are?

Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 PM  

Not real sure of the answer to your question but I'll give you some background.

Around 1996-1998 or so, the "Cafe" /adult club below Byron got into a legal dispute with Peach County over whether the county could restrict the advertising of the gentlemen's club on billboards. Freedom of speech won out. The adult novelty started opening up not long after and have since multiplied, at least it seems that way based upon the billboards. Guess the local conservatives are fighting back.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.