Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM  

Atlanta
I'm a Caterer

I have a cousin in Macon that wants me to cater his wedding. I'm down for it, but there's some sort of legislation saying I can't? I'm not sure, but from my findings you are not allowed to rent kitchens in Georgia right? I would hate to tell him I can't do it.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:38 AM  
Not at the table Carlos!

Frederick, MD, Maryland
What do you mean? You are saying that there is a Georgia law that states that YOU specifically cannot cater a wedding?!?! Or are you saying that there is a law in GA that its illegal to cater a wedding?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 AM  
Pat

Atlanta, GA
sounds like he's from another area and want's to rent a kitchen in Macon to work in.

I don't know of that law. But you can easilly look up GA statutes on Lexis-Nexus
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 PM  

50 miles SW of Houston, United States of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert View Post
---- snip snip ---- you are not allowed to rent kitchens in Georgia right? ----snip ------
Hubert, the ? isn't too clear. What would you like to do? Go to Macon and rent space in my uncle Sal's restaurant's kitchen one morning, do the party or rent a roach-couch on wheels w/cookers? Good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM  

Atlanta, GA
There is a law in GA that prohibits 'shared' kitchen space. One operator per kitchen. Here is a link to another forum where they discuss it and possible ways to deal with it.

Georgia Law

Looks like your best bet would be to find a church that has not leased their kitchen to a caterer already and see if you could rent that from them.

*edit
Hope its not too late for this kinda info, didn't notice that the thread had been necro'd until I'd already posted.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

« - | Pho #1 »