Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 AM  

Brunswick, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompatt View Post
If you want something in GA go to Jekyll. good place to go. and not so touristy, only problem there is that you need to pay a toll each time you go on the island. well any islands near brunswick. you pay for the day. Amelia Island down in FL is perfect. they have condos and last time I was there, they did not have any hotels. its a small island that is about 12 miles long. and on one side of the island is a reservation and the other side is a national park with camp grounds. in the middle is some condos and a hand full of shops. if you go there try the one pizza place on the island!
Actually Jekyll is the only island that requires a toll in the area. Its $5 per day. And this is due to it being state owned and operated. St. Simons used to require a $0.35 toll each time you crossed the bridges but it has been done away with. Amelia Island (aka Fernandina Beach) is really nice too. Ive stayed several weekends there and always have a good time.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:07 AM  

Augusta, GA
I would definitely throw in cumberland as well. For an interesting stay over in the Brunswick area though, check out the Hostel. Treehouse camping/staying seems pretty fun. It would be cool now too since it's not miserably hot.

The Hostel in the Forest Home

Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 AM  

Cumberland for nature & history. St. Simons if you want some decent food as well as a nice island beach and aren't too dollar shy. There's also the first British on US soil fort site there and a beautiful cottage church. Jekyll if you want more blue collar experience. Tybee is close to historic Savannah (a must see which could be a day trip from any island) so you can enjoy both, but I prefer the other islands beaches.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 PM  

Brunswick, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzero View Post
I would definitely throw in cumberland as well. For an interesting stay over in the Brunswick area though, check out the Hostel. Treehouse camping/staying seems pretty fun. It would be cool now too since it's not miserably hot.

The Hostel in the Forest Home
Very cool place! Had to go there once for work. I had no idea such a place existed, especially this close to home! very neat. If interested, i suggest you read for an hour or so on the Hostel website. Very useful information.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM  

Russellville, AR
I have used google earth and there is a "ship wreck" finder option under the layer's for geographic data and I have noticed there are lot of wrecks from the civil war and the American revolution. My question is are any of these sites diveable or does anyone know a good dive site that is around this area as well. A few of my family members like to dive and I would have to give this a go if were at the ocean.

My second question of the day is how is the fishing out this way. I remember my brother doing some sea fishing off of a chartered boat once and they were catching some pretty cool fish. Just wondering what kinds of fish we could catch if we were to go!. Thanks you all for this info, as the locals and people who have been here are the best knowledge of these areas!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.