Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 AM  

Augusta, Georgia
Offroading around Augusta

Does anybody know of some good areas around Augusta to go offroading? Also, anybody want to take along a guy new to this game and show me the ropes? I'm in a 94 YJ with 33's. Pretty capable rig, I just need some experience, and would like to have somebody to help me if I need it.

Joe

Old 10-15-2010, 08:07 AM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I actually sold my 93 YJ and my various K1500's last year, but try going out to the first thompson exit, take a right, and follow that road till you come to the gross place road, it's pretty nasty.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 PM  

North Augusta, South Carolina
about how far from the exit is it? I'm pretty new to the area and have not ventured to Thompson yet.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM  

Dublin, GA
Private property or public?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 AM  

I think it's about 2 miles. It's owned by the hunting club I think, but both ends are in public roads and I've never ran into anyone on there that cared.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:04 AM  

Augusta, GA
Just don't try it on Fort Gordon.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 AM  

Augusta, GA
Which hunting club runs that place? Is it mainly for hunting, or do they let people go 4 wheeling in there?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:01 PM  

Couldn't tell ya, I've never contacted them. I really can't remember the name but I think it was Trophy something. I'm not responsible for any legal problems anyone gets into if muddin's not aloud out there, btw.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 PM  

Grayson, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn View Post
I think it's about 2 miles. It's owned by the hunting club I think, but both ends are in public roads and I've never ran into anyone on there that cared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn View Post
Couldn't tell ya, I've never contacted them. I really can't remember the name but I think it was Trophy something. I'm not responsible for any legal problems anyone gets into if muddin's not aloud out there, btw.
If unsure on the legality of wheeling it would be best not to recommend or actually wheel in the area. Just because you have never ran into anyone that cared does not make it legal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!