Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:30 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Georgia

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 AM  

Atlanta
You're driving a Jeep... Lots of good trails in North GA. Beasley Knob is one of my favorites. Drop by www.northgajeepers.com & see if there's a trip you're interested in.

Normal tourists hit things like Stone Mountain, Six Flags, etc. There are tons of great places to eat downtown (Atlanta, that is). Savannah has a lot of history.

I'm sure others can chime in with suggestions.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:29 PM  
Pat

Atlanta, GA
the Okefenokee Swamp
Tallulah Gorge
Cloudland Canyon
Stone Mountain - Yellow Daisy Festival or Highland Games time

Road Atlanta, during the Petit LeMans
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM  
Volunteer Firefighter

Moultrie, Georgia
I can give you lots of good reasons to visit Georgia: the people! Georgia has some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Don't get me wrong, there are some bad apples here, as there are every where, but on average, Georgia's citizens are top-notch! If you're into camping, fishing, and/or hiking, visit Reed Bingham State Park, located on the Colquitt County/Cook County line on Georgia Highway 37. I can personally vouch for it, as I'm local to it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM  
Injanir

Griffin, Georgia
I can't believe no one has mentioned Athens. It's the home of the University of Georgia. I myself am an Athenian and UGA alum. It's a great town and was voted #2 for best college towns behind Gainesville, Florida. Of course you also have the North Georgia Mountains, Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Tybee Island, Savannah, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium (largest in USA) and some of the best food you ever tasted.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:05 PM  

50 miles SW of Houston, United States of Texas
One on the best routes in getting away from Florida (the land of the most men dim-wits that go shirtless, cross their skinny arms with a cig ready to converse an officer on Cops TV). What is it w/those w/o shirts? Fla is T-shirt heaven, everyone should have at least two.
When you are scooting north from Fla, swing west thru Moultrie, stop and have a vanilla soft drink (soda) with us at the soda fountain across from the confed memorial thats on the City Square SW corner. Stop by on Wednesday, the businesses close 1300 and its free doing rest of the day.
There is great swimming on LittleRiver or trip up to Albany's Radium-Springs cool waters.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 PM  

Canton, GA
We also have some great hiking trails in North Georgia.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:16 PM  

Atlanta, GA
'I've never been there before' has always been good enough reason for me to visit someplace when I have an opportunity. I can only speak of north GA, and reiterate some of the things already pointed out like Tallulah and Cloudland.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM  

chatsworth, georgia
Lots of beautiful mountain scenery up around ellijay, blue ridge and surrounding areas.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 PM  

Savannah, GA
Savannah is a great City. If you are into history we have that in spades. Very close to the beach and lots of fun things to see. No open container law so going to bars are cooler since you can take drinks to go.
Beautiful southern scenery; live oaks, spanish moss and great mild winters.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!