Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 PM  

Atlanta
Wait. What? You don't like Krystal?

Seriously, though, I'm not much of a hotdog fan but give me a double chili steak, rings and a large FO and I'm a happy camper. I can feel my arteries hardening in anticipation...

Old 10-19-2010, 12:52 PM  

Kennesaw, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb_hound View Post
Not sure what all the excitement is about. When I first moved to the Atlanta area I was told ?you need to eat at the Varsity? and how great the food was. I have tried it a couple of times and have to say the food SUCKS. It?s pretty hard to screw up a hot dog, but when you cover it with the equivalent of Hormel Chili in a can you take away the flavor of a decent ?dog?. I would put The Varsity in the same category as Krystal. Only when you are drunk beyond rational thinking could you think what you are eating tastes good and in the morning you realize your lack of judgment from the night before.
I agree. I might add it a notch above krystal's though, just because I can actually swallow the food at the varsity

Old 10-23-2010, 04:16 AM  

Atlanta, GA
I finally ate at the Varsity after (HOW many years? Holy-) thirteen years in Atlanta. I went with another Varsity virgin. it was... okay.

Like cheap summer eats off a paper plate, and the table cover that your mom insists on putting down to try to class up the joint, only it ends up blowing around and tipping over the mustard, throwing your plastic fork to the ground and needing some rocks to hold it down. Yeah, reminds me of the doublewide, but not entirely in a bad way. The hot dog buns, especially, have that half-homemade bready quality that bespeaks a pantry filled with canned soup and Mac 'n Cheese.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 PM  

Dalton, Georgia
It's greasy but darned it goes down good!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM  

Houston, Texas
The Varsity! Wow...sure could go for one of their dogs!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 PM  

Georgia
Waddya have? Waddya have? You guys are making me hongry now and I don't live in Atlanta anymore. However, I will pass on a sacred secret. The secret of the Varsity in downtown Atlanta is to park up on the parking deck. That way you get to see the skyline, but you don't have to deal with the homeless riff-raff on the street level.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM  

Atlanta, GA
While in college my roommate and spent Thanksgiving at the Varsity and Christmas at Waffle House (new thread). Glad to have done it. Or parents weren't put out.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
whaddya have whaddya have whaddya have

2 naked steaks with cheese, and 2 PC's. Gotta love the Varsity. They just built one up my way by Town Center Mall, foods still good, but it's just not the same experience as the one downtown.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Not the healthiest place to eat in town, but I can't stay away from the dogs and the onion rings!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 PM  
abundant life in north GA

ATL, georgia
dogs, slaw, mustard. onion rings. FO.

DROOL

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.