Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Waffle House Love.

Up until 15+ years ago I could claim to have eaten everything on the menu twice. Not at the same time mind you. But they added so many new items it's even harder to choose.

My kids think its a little nasty but my wife and I still have fond memories of the old WH.

I've even eaten Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner there. On whim.

Anyone one else love the WH?

Old 11-03-2010, 05:30 PM  

I've never been, but did notice that while in Alabama, there seemed to be one on every corner. Is it true you actually pour syrup on fried chicken? If so, could you pour syrup on a piece of prime rib and say that tasted as good? I just don't understand the appeal.

With me being on a no sugar, no flour, no salt, and no fried food diet, it sounds delicious!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 PM  

Georgia
Waffle House rocks! Of course, for relative-free holidays, we've usually opted for Denny's! Waffle House generally has great grits, hashbrowns, and eggs. I like the All-Star Breakfast there best (2 eggs, grits or hashbrowns, bacon or sausage or ham, toast, and a big waffle.) I haven't tried steak there in a long time. (Sirloin Tips and Eggs at IHOP is hard to beat). The key to Waffle House, IHOP, and Denny's is to try all of the locations in your community and lock in on "the good one." You've got to find the good cooks, the good waitresses, etc.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
In my opinion if you don't love waffle house your a communist (no offense to any communist on the forums lol). So many memories made intoxicated after 4:00 AM. 3 reasons why you gotta love waffle house.

1. All Star Specially
2. Everytime you eat at one it makes you appreciate how good you have by simply knowing you dont work there.
3. It's the only place in the world where you can eat, expect a hair in your food, and still continue to eat their regularly.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 PM  

Georgia
Plus, in Atlanta, you might get to fist fight with Kid Rock! That's gotta be worth something!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 PM  

Atlanta, GA
I have eaten there on Christmas too! I gotta have the waffles of course, eggs, hash browns (scattered, smothered, covered, and diced!)
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM  

Iowa/ Georgia
I just moved from the SOuth to the Midwest and thats one thing I do miss, is me some Waffle House.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM  

Lilburn, georgia
Philly cheese steak omelette and scattered well (extra crispy) and covered!!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 PM  
abundant life in north GA

ATL, georgia
breakfast there this morning. chicken biscuit and scattered double smoothered. mmmm.

I just love watching them cook when they are busy. It is a beautiful thing. Especially since it is not me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.