Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM  

Ann Arbor, MI
Help me plan a trip to Grand Rapids

I am about 2.5 hours from Grand Rapids and would like to find some things to do or some places to see...rather than just going to go to Founders. We are an adventurous couple 30 years old who loves music, art, food, ect. Any ideas?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM  

Depending when you are planning on going I would recommend planning a trip to the zoo. If you live within 2.5 hours of GR then their zoo is going to be the best outside a trip to Milwaukee or Chicago.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:57 PM  

The art museum is actually pretty nice. If you're into paintings I would check that out. Also, there is an ice skating rink in the park right outside; you can rent skates there (it's very cheap if not free) and skate.

If you're into beer (as your reference to Founders might indicate) I would also consider checking out Brewery Vivant and Hopcat. Vivant is a Belgian-style brewery and restaurant that just opened; their food and beer are both quite good, and the decor is very nice, old-world. Hopcat has the best beer selection in the city, and is considered (by BeerAdvocate) to be the 3rd best beer bar in the world.

If you'd like to do some fine dining, 616 in the JW Marriot is excellent, as is the Cygnus in the Amway Grand Plaza.

I would encourage visiting sometime during artprize. It's quite the event, though it's not for a while yet.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Bookmark this Page!