Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
North Peak Brewery Reviews?

I went up to North Peak this season, and after hearing so many interesting things, was incredibly disappointed! Almost every beer I had (and I had a LOT) had significant flaws to it!

Was it just "tap-cleaning" day? Should I try again? Why does everyone like this place? Help me to like it too!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 AM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Compared to other breweries up there (Jolly Pumpkin in particular), I think it is quite a letdown also...unless you are hungry, I loved the food and atmosphere! Some of their darker beers were ok, but nothing I couldn't make as good or better in my garage.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
where is northpoint brewery located at?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:37 PM  

If that is the one in traverse city, i thought it was pretty good....i've had better though...(i might be thinking north peak though).
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM  

I agree, the brews were pedestrian at best. It turned out that the head brewer was in the bar at the time sitting alone so I decided to chat with him. When I mentioned that their IPA had a sharp bitterness, maybe hard water. I asked where their water came from. He looked at me puzzled, and said "the city". Nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he seemed un-educated.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM  

I hear a lot of discrepancy between people who have been to the bar and those who have just tried the bottled beers. People who go the the bar tend to be disappointed, while those who only have had bottles tend to think they're pretty alright. Maybe it's just that if you take the trouble to travel there you're expecting more. Or maybe their beer are better in the bottle. Who knows.

Maybe I shouldn't go the the brewery. I'd like to keep my moderate respect for them.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 PM  

north peak is terrible.
Right brain is much better

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Bookmark this Page!