Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM  

High Point, North Carolina
What's hot in the triad

Welcome to City Forum and to the Triad subforum. Here's what happening in the local area this weekend and in the upcoming weeks.

High Point
Last night with Chairman of the Board was great.

1525 North Main Street, Corner of Lexington Ave. & Main St.
Tickets $5.00 -
September 9 - Chairman of the Board
September -16 The Craig Woolard Band
September - 23 The Embers
September - 30 The Band of Oz

Winston
Lots of good stuff going on at the theatre at Winston School of the Arts right now, and of course... IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!
Saturday is the first ACC home game for Wake Forest University in Winston Salem. Wake vs. Duke at 12 Noon.

Greensboro (Downtown)
Friday, September 10:

Jon Andersen is playing an acoustic show at the Carolina threatre from 8- 11. Tickets are always cheap. Too bad Vangelis isn't still rocking it out with Anderson anymore. Killer Electric rocks: think the sounds of widespread panic with a keytar LOL. It ought to be good, as far as seeing 65 year olds not named Willie Nelson play goes at least.

Sunday, September 12:

There is music on the lawn of the Blandwood Mansion - 2:00pm-6:00pm on Monday night. BYOB (blanket :-)) They have wine and all kinds of other stuff available for purchase; usually it is various Childress wines- very nice.

Monday, September 13:
Every monday they have the Thai Chi/Chi Gong folks duing their thing out by fitness at the fountain. I think it is at 6:30 and runs till 7:30 downtown.

The Glass Menagarie is playing at the Triad stage - 8:00pm-10:00pm. Cool pics at weoutranthesun.wordpress.com

On Tuesday September 14:

At the Carolina Theatre (awesome if you've never been) on Tuesday is the Carolina Classic Movie - To Kill A Mockingbird - 7:30pm

Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 PM  

Greenville, North Carolina
anything going on during the week of the 9-15 of october - I'll actually be in and around UNCG visiting some friends.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinawk View Post
anything going on during the week of the 9-15 of october - I'll actually be in and around UNCG visiting some friends.
Well of course you know that there is a regular schedule of good stuff going on uptown. Always bands Wed-Fri in and around Natty Greene's (local brewpub downtown near UNCG campus. Eat a Yum Yum's while you're on campus- coolest little hotdog shop in the world. I am in Vegas that week or I'd offer to show you around. There is also a nice little cigar bar a couple doors down from Natty Greene's you can check out for live jazz and a good smoke. I don't see much posted up on the local restaurants and bar's sites but PM as the date gets closer and I'll let you know if I have anything. To say I'm actively invloved in the bar scene around here would be an understatement so if it's going on... I probably know about it and am either there or am wishing I could be. Cheers.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 AM  

kernersville, nc
what's that cigar bar? pipe & pint?

natty greens is so crowded all the time. McCouls is good too. lots of other cool places right around that area
Old 09-24-2010, 10:13 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamba View Post
what's that cigar bar? pipe & pint?

natty greens is so crowded all the time. McCouls is good too. lots of other cool places right around that area
To be honest I don't recall the name. Churchill's I think. It's directly acroos the street and up some steps from the Sushi bar. Natty's is always crowded... don't forget Grey's next door either.

McCouls is great, awesome outdoor patio and usually great service.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:24 PM  
Char-latte

Charlotte, North Carolina
Rock the block in downtown winston-salem is always really fun, and 5th street filling station has some amazing food
Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydog78 View Post
Rock the block in downtown winston-salem is always really fun, and 5th street filling station has some amazing food
For sure. Hutch and Harris is pretty awesome as well. If you're in to the chain thing Mellow Mushroom has a great draft selection and usually really good music. Plus there are a few really good ice cream shops down there within a block or two of the school of the arts.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 AM  
Char-latte

Charlotte, North Carolina
Foothills Brewery!! amazing food and a they have their own beer they make too!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinawk View Post
Sorry bud, I ended up having to go the Chicago for this week and the first part of next so I was unable to find out what was going on the 9-15th. If I hear anything though, you'll know where to look.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM  

Mebane, NC
Would love to go see Jon Andersen. big fan!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Bookmark this Page!