Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM  

greensboro, nc
What is Pipe and Pint? Never head of that place.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 AM  

Kernersville, North Carolina
wow lots to learn here

Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 AM  

The Pipe and Pint is owned by a friend of mine Larry. He has just moves the shop into a freestanding house/business at Spring Garden and Wendover. The shop is a great place to hang out and meet new friends.
Larry carries top shelf stuff and is such a nice person. He will help the novice to the pro smoker. You should check it out tell him Doug sent ya.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:49 AM  

Larry got a nice Talbert morta grade 5 pipe for me......which I love. He will help you get the everything you need and he is not pushy.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM  

Lewisville, NC
Good tip!

I'll have to look Larry up. Always on the hunt for a new favorite cigar!

On a side note, I always enjoyed Rock the Block in Downtown W-S. Al lot of good memories happen on 4th Street
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 PM  

High Point, NC
Checking in.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 AM  

Greensboro, NC
Found a great taco place in Greensboro recently. Not your "Taco-Bell" style tacos, but authentic delicious tacos. Taqueria El Azteca on Spring Garden St near the intersection of W. Market St. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays tacos are $1 each.

Probably my favorite restaurant in Greensboro right now...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 AM  

High Point, North Carolina
El Azteca is on my short list. To be honest, I am a huge fan of (hold for gasps of disgust) the tacos you get from the roadside taco stand on Main st. in High Point, I get tacos from there for the office regularly and they are banging good. They are always $1 per taco, but admittedly they are kind of small. But, they make their own shells and they have coarse taco beef and pork, which I prefer to ground beef. Good call though, I will give feedback when I try it soon.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 PM  

College Park, MD
Bars with good beer selection

For beer fans, The Pour House on 360 Federal Place in Greensboro isn't a bad place to stop by. They have a pretty wide selection--I think around 30 different beers last time I was in there. Nothing too exotic, but there's plenty to try, and they even had some higher gravity stuff. Plus they have pool and corn hole if don't want to sit while you sip.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 PM  

College Park, MD
Comedy

If you're looking for comedy, Idiot Box on 348 S Elm St in downtown Greensboro usually has pretty good improv shows. Look for shows in Friday and Saturday. They do sell beer, but it's all bottled.

WHERE THE TRIAD COMES FOR COMEDY

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads