Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM  

Hampton, Virginia
Why Hampton?

Hampton is an independent city in Virginia, and therefore not part of any Virginia county Hampton Wiki

I like the fact that Hampton Virginia is mostly centrally located about 3 hours drive N, S, and W of anything interesting to do.
Major Cities, Major Mountains, Major Beaches.

Why do most people think that Hampton is so bad?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 AM  

Chesapeake, va
I think you are missing the Hampton Roads part of the whole thing which is actually 7 cities stuck together to represent one larger area so it can be known better as a large city or something like that. You have Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Newport News, Hampton and Suffolk that represent this area. Why Suffolk I don't know but we don't want to exclude the farmers.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 PM  

Yorktown, Va
Its not hampton that is bad, its downtown newportnews in the Hampton Roads area that is bad, haha. but then again, any downtown area is bound to have its....bad sides.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 PM  

Hampton, Virginia
DJ, You took the words rite outa my mouth. I didn't say it in above post but I was thinking it fur-sher. "Downtown N.N" AKA: BadNews Virginia.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM  

yorktown, va
Downtown NN has been not a friendly part of town for over 40 years, that I can recall.
If fact until the Navy bought the land infront of the naval base in Norfolk is had an extremely bad rep.

It was the red light district of the area, bar, strip joints, locker clubs, illegal gambling, drugs, muggings, killings, just a plain adult play ground.

In the 70's the navy bought the land and had it cleared. Now it has the clinic, commissary, PX, and rec park (with ball parks, swimming pools).

So, if there is enough interest and money, bad can made into good.

Tony
Old 10-16-2010, 11:30 PM  

Hampton, Virginia
Hampton is ok. Though if my dad weren't in the Air Force I can't say I would have come here voluntarily LOL
Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 PM  

Virginia Beach, VA, VA
I was born and raised in Portsmouth, aka P-Town. You guys on the Peninsula were always looked at like the other side of the world.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:46 PM  

Suffolk, Virginia
Hampton isn't to bad. A whole lot of history there. Geez, Tim Suffolk isn't all farmers.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM  

Hampton, Virginia
The tunnels are what make Hampton Roads an aggravating place to live.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:58 PM  

Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KernSE View Post
DJ, You took the words rite outa my mouth. I didn't say it in above post but I was thinking it fur-sher. "Downtown N.N" AKA: BadNews Virginia.
AKA Dodge City...which used to be applied to Portsmouth..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.