Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM  

Montgomery, Pa
Appalachian brewery is also good.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM  

Montgomery, Pa
I only visit the harrisburg area periodically.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM  

Montgomery, Pa
The home brew shop I use is Northern Brewer, I also like midwest, and more beer. I see that Austin Homebrew Supply supplies has a free delivery on ANY order over $100. [I] may try them too.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM  

Montgomery, Pa
In my area we only have 1 home brewshop. The hop shoppe.
We do have 3 micro brewerys. The Bullfrog Selin's Grove brewery and the valley inn.
Lots of good beer.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM  

York, PA, PA
This seems to be the consensus but I also go to Mr. Steve's. the Selections in pretty good, but best of the owner and employees are very helpful. They are more than willing to answer any of your questions an great for anyone looking to get started. Also they offer classes and recipes there.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM  

harrisburg, pa
Thanks all for the Mr. Steve's recommendation. Just heard of Scotzin's. Giving brewing equipment to the bf for Christmas.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM  
PA Transplant

Thomasville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciavr6 View Post
Thanks all for the Mr. Steve's recommendation. Just heard of Scotzin's. Giving brewing equipment to the bf for Christmas.
Really?? He is a lucky guy! What kind of brewing is he going to do? Mr Steves is having a beer making class on the 8th of Jan. You can sign you BF up online at Mr. Steve's Homebrew and Wine Supplies. If you didn't already know that..
Old 12-11-2010, 11:47 AM  

York, PA
Mr Steve's is the one I frequent most often which is in East York since I live in Manchester, but I have gone to Smitty's in Carlisle which is kind of pricey and Scotzin which is decently priced, but are only open two days a week. There is Lancaster Homebrew in Lancaster which has been in business for about 2 yrs now.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM  

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I've been trying to get to Scotzin's, but the hours are horrible. They're only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays. They should put all of their inventory up on the web, so when you can go you know what you want already.

Does anyone know where the Smitty's place is, and the hours they have?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 AM  

Harrisburg PA
Scotzin's does have lousy hours, but I live 5 minutes away so I use them all the time. I think the have more inventory than Mr. Steve's, but I was only at Steve's new location once.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Bookmark this Page!