Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM  

Princeton, NJ
The coconut shrimp and mai tai drinks at the bar of the 'pink palace' hotel on waikiki beach were unreal. When I think about my honeymoon trip to hawaii, that evening always gets remembered first. Hoochimama!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 PM  

Just got back from Oahu. Our favorite places (cousin says they're "ono")...
>Cinnamon's Restaurant has a great breakfast selection, but you have to try the Guava Chiffon and the Carrot Cake Pancakes. I liked the Hawaiian Omelette, but it's not for everyone.
>Zippy's is a must-stop for local fast food
>Giovanni's Shrimp Truck in Haleiwa Town has an intensely good Shrimp Scampi

Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 PM  

I'll second the good eats at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 AM  

PukaDog!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM  

Wahiawa, Hawaii
Absolutly has to be
1. Maui mikes
2. Cholos
3. Pizza bob's
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM  

I actually thought the little Mexican food across the street from Cholo's was much better but they shut down their doors. Anyone remember the name of it?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 PM  

I'm a little appauled by this thread...nobody has recommended L&L? It's like local fast food...get the Loco Moco, you won't be disappointed. Someone already mentioned Cholo's in Haleiwa. And why hasn't anyone mentioned the shrimp trucks? If you're on the North Shore in Haleiwa (or between Haleiwa and Laie) stop at one of the trucks selling shrimp. They might look like dirty nasty trucks that you would never want to eat something from, but stop and get some garlic shrimp...DELICIOUS! If you want a good breakfast place, go to Koa Pancake House. I've also heard nothing but good things about the Hukilau Cafe, but I've never been there. What else, if you're looking for a good bar with good food...or if you want to have a good meal and then stay to get drunk, go to the Yard House in Waikiki. It's a crazy long wait if you don't get there early, but there is plenty to do in the area while you wait.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM  

We have mentioned the great shrimp trucks...just look up a few posts.

As far as L&L, the one in Haleiwa is OK, but it is about as dirty as they come on the inside. They owners are Chinese, so they have the L&L franchise, but still sell lots of their own Chinese creations inside. It's my Brother in Law's favorite place to eat on the island.

A side note, my sister called me crying two days ago to tell me she wiped out her new Ford Edge when she sideswiped a big yellow pole outside the L&L. Dummy!

Lastly, Lei Lei's on the property of Turtle Bay is about as good as they come for good eats and a nice view of the golf course.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 PM  

Honolulu, HI
Like sushi and cocktails? Try California Beach Rock n' Sushi on Ward in Honolulu.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomondo View Post
PukaDog!!!
I will agree with pukadogs, and I will add one of my favorite places to eat in the world, hamura saimin in lihue.

Additionally, maybe tied for favorite place to eat in the world is the Koloa Fish Market... I am in love with their lunch boxes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.