Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
Really enjoyed our stay on Kauai. The helicopter tour was absolutley insane, and watching Humpback whales on a whale watching tour off the coast... Absolutely amazing trip and cannot wait to go back someday. I highly recommend either of those excursions.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Whale watching is definitely one of my wife and I's favorite activities to do on a weekend. Thanks for the post, Ryan, and welcome to the forum!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-05-2010, 04:22 AM  
BentFrame 4X4.com

Pepeekeo, HI
Zip line tour at Uma Uma Falls Big Island. 9 lines over some nice valleys and raging falls! Killer views!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Lived in Hawaii for six years and the neatest thing I did was fly my Army Helicopter over an active Volcano. Maui's where we went for fun.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 PM  

Dalton, Georgia
Two years ago My family and I spent 14 wouderful days on your great island. We had a wonderful time there and look forward to returning soon. However this time we are thinking about staying on the big island. Certainly a trip everyone needs to do at least one time in their lives.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 PM  

Waianae, HI
My favorites are Honolulu Zoo, and deep sea fishing out of the charter at Hickam.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxstar21 View Post
My favorites are Honolulu Zoo, and deep sea fishing out of the charter at Hickam.
My kids love the Honolulu Zoo - we probably go at least once every 2 weeks. The yearly pass is definitely worth it for us!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM  

Greenfield, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
And of course the fantastic prime rib at Haleiwa Joe's!
We ate there a few years ago and will be one of the first places we go to next month!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:49 AM  

PLANO, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerupper View Post

One neat thing I did while my familiy slept in was to drive up to see the Haleakala Sunrise on Maui. It was cold in the morning! The stars were incredible since you sit above the clouds.
+1 it gets cold....but worth the visit!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:30 PM  

richmond, va
(Ahem!) No "d" in Shave Ice!

On Oahu- by all means, visit the Arizona- early in the day before lines get long. And visit the Missouri- and the Batfish (sub right next to the Arizona parking lot) But make time for the Iolani Palace- drive up the Pali Hwy, stop a Queen Emma's Summer Palace (small, quiet, worth the stop) and stop up at the Pali overlook (VERY strong winds allatime, lock car, little small time borrowin' going on dere) drive on over to Kanaohe, buy your lady a lei, stop at the bakery for some pu-pu's (munchies- its all good) then pick any beach up beyond Chinaman's Hat. You want Hawaiian shirt? Buy where the local folks do- hit the Sears at Windward Mall in Kaneohe.

Maui- Sunrise at the top of Haleakela. Take a FULL day, drive the road to Hana. No rush, no race. Stop along the way for banana bread (still warm, was on tree yesterday) and a lei from the local youngsters, and LOTS of pictures. Check w/ Activities Warehouse for discount price on helicopter tours, submarine at Lahaina. Worth it.

Big Island- I like Hilo more than Kona side. Take the trip to Hawaii Volcanoes Park- stop at the orchid nursery (or two or three) on the way. Breakfast at Ken's Pancake House in Hilo, visit the Tsunami Park, and the chocolate factory.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!