Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Ford Island Bridge

So I guess there is a bridge now. Does that mean you don't have to take a boat to go see the Arizona memorial now? Also how do the locals feel about the bridge being there now?

Old 11-28-2010, 02:45 PM  

richmond, va
I was involved with the construction of the Ford Island Bridge. The only access to the Arizona are the boats operated by the Navy. The bridge is for access to Ford Island, and is inside a military secured area. You can drive over there if you have a pass or military ID, but if you want to go to the Missouri, I would suggest parking near the Arizona, and take the tourist trolley over.

Bridge was built for the Navy (inside Pearl Harbor Naval Base) so they could stop running ferry service to Ford Island (active facilities there). Due to the Arizona, they did not want a HIGH bridge, but still need to get ships thru the loch- that bridge has a floating section that is drawn back under the fixed section.

I am not local folks, but had not heard complaints (more than usual) about the bridge. Now, H-3, you want complaints- HOO!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Hawaii
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.